Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Gilets – Whats keep your torso cosy?
  • eyerideit
    Free Member

Thinking about Autumn commutes/rides etc when it’s too warm for 2 layers but a bit nippy for a base.

I can’t decide between the Endura Laser Cycling Gilet or the Gore Countdown AS

What are you wearing?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

On bike – Montane Pertex thingy
    Off bike – Rab down
    Occasional use for really cold ski trips – Some freebie fleece one Columbia gave me

cymro1
    Free Member

Not a gilet, they never really hit the spot in terms of warmth for me. i use an 2XU early winter jacket

glupton1976
    Free Member

Paramo – lightweight torres gilet. By far the indivudual best bit of kit that I own.

rkk01
    Free Member

I’ve got a Gore Windstopper one – nice and light, not at all bulky. Ideal for spring / autumn.

Hasn’t had much use the last few years thought – it’s either monsoon waterproof or jersey

njee20
    Free Member

I use Endura ones, as they made our team kit, dunno which model. Do the job.

footflaps

On bike, for commuting, Altura Night Vision Gillet. Off bike, have a Alpkit Down thingy.

tthew

An old Berghaus one with zip-off sleeves. Give another option for cooler-cool days and as a bonus just the sleeves bit can be worn with a white vest for truly impressive Freddie Mercury impressions.

tonyd

I bought a Gore Countdown AS a couple of months ago when it became clear the summer wasn’t going to happen. Very nice piece of kit, windproof and showerproof (kind of) it keeps me just about right at the moment, used most days for commuting. Used with some Alp X waterproof shorts (OK, so I’m a bit of a Gore fanboi) it’s perfect for the weather we’ve got at the moment (chilly, damp/wet, windy).

I wore both on Saturday on a killer loop in the Black Mountains, wether was pretty miserable and the only time I felt cold was off the bike for more than 10 minutes at the top of a very windswept climb, and that was just through the vented back.

I’d recommend.

tang
    Free Member

bike – endura
    off bike – patagonia
    work – Aigle

ads678

I got one from Lidl a couple of years ago. that along with my fat keeps lovely and toastie!!

toys19
    Free Member

tenn on ebay 16.99 for a pertex like gilet that goes tiny in your pocket. I have a black and a blue, they are ruddy excellent.
    For the next level up I bought a surface pertex jacket from triton cycles. Also ruddy excellent.

mattbee

Gore Windstopper, an old Asos windproof one or a Dare2B softshell, in order of warmer-cooler conditions. Much prefer a gilet with merino long sleeve top to a full sleeved jacket unless it is properly wet.

bobfromkansas
    Free Member

i use a hagloffs primaloft at the moment, but used to have a paramo torres gilet and i will be getting another as they are truly awesome.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

im pretty much after the same thing too – my long sleeve alp x jersey gets a bit warm until october ish too, so i too am after a gilet i can wear with a baselayer and perhaps some armwarmers if need be..

any endura ones to recommend as i get a fair discount off them

eyerideit
    Free Member

Are the Endura ones as windproof as a Gore windstopper?

I’ve got pertex shell so was looking for something with a bit more warmth

jam-bo

an old nike windproof one for the bike.

and got an itchy credit card over a arcteryx atom lt vest.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Gilets – Whats keep your torso cosy?’ is closed to new replies.