Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 115 total)
  • gig you would've loved to have been at?
  • derek_starship
    Free Member

The Jam. Anywhere really.
    And Gary Numan at Glasgow Apollo 1983?

CountZero

Maccruiskeen, the point was, he’d found the TICKET, which he’d bought, but then forgotten, so he never got to see them despite having a ticket.

sc-xc

^ not really. I have countless ticket stubs knocking around….
    EDIT: When I say stubs, I mean tickets without stubs. Don’t know why I typed stubs…probably the vodka.

I have a frame in the downstairs shitter full of ’em.

bob_summers

+1 The Cramps
    Janis Joplin, Monterey 1967
    Ramones, Rainbow Theatre New Year’s Eve 1977

Would also loved to have seen the MC5, John Coltrane, Beefheart, Clash…

And GG Allin, that’d be something to regale the grandkids with 🙂

oliverd1981
    Free Member

Radiohead, Glasto, 97(?)
    Talon, Near home, tonight (Stuck offshore)

any early-mid era Misfits or Black Flag gig

M1llh0use
    Free Member

As nobody has done it yet i’ll go for the obvious one: Hendrix, IOW 1970

darrell
    Free Member

saw the Pixies a few times in the old days. Usually at the International 1 or 2 in Manchester. They were always excellent

although I have to say I saw the Stones Roses when they were a aupport to someone or other and I dont remember them

Seen many of the bands mentioned above but I have never seen I really wanted to go to watch Rainbow in 1978/79

well gutted I couldnt be arsed to make the effort

wheeliejim
    Free Member

Would love to have seen, through the decades:

00’s: No-one, I think I’d gone off bands by this point.
    Jellyfish, that would have been back in the early 90’s.
    Queen, sometime in the 80’s (live aid?)
    Big Star, sometime in the 70’s.
    Beatles in the 60’s before they became big.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Talk Talk on the Spirit of Eden tour. Imaginary gig, since they didn’t play live at that point and never did subsequently.

Future Sound of London, 1994-1996. Lifeforms is still a benchmark for me and i’d love to have seen what they did with it live.

Sonic Youth, 1987-1989. Evol, Sister and Daydream Nation are all fantastic albums and I’ve never seen them live.

James Brown was mentioned on another thread, I reckon he’d have been awesome in his prime.

pstevensnz
    Free Member

Iron Maiden, Longbeach arena 1985 (although I would have only been 7!).
    Any Queen gig with Freddy…
    Nirvana at Reading
    Smashing Pumpkins before they split.

cinnamon_girl

Good call for Janis Joplin, just been looking at some of her vids on Youtube.

Stevie Ray Vaughan (any).

Rory Gallagher (any).

Actually, scrub that lot …

Woodstock, oh yeah. 8)

cinnamon_girl

Any Genesis gig with Gabriel, particularly Foxtrot/Selling England

Yep, I saw them at Wembley. I don’t ‘get’ them. 😐

Andy

Orbital, Glastonbury 1994 was good. Pixies were good saw them a few times.

Sonic Youth, 1987-1989. Evol, Sister and Daydream Nation are all fantastic albums and I’ve never seen them live.

Saw them 5 or 6 times during that era and the were the best band I have ever seen live.

Me? Either Joy Division in their heyday – saw New Order loads of times but bet they didnt compare. That or the first IOW festival in 1970 Hendrix, Who, Doors, Miles Davis, Sly & Familly Stone etc etc…

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Come on, no ones mentioned James Brown in the 70’s, that would have been epic!

johndoh
    Free Member

footflaps – Member
    Live Aid and seen Queen play there.
    POSTED 6 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

This. Well Live Aid in particular. Was working and couldn’t get the time off. Fortunately I did get to see them at Maine Road just afterwards.

CountZero

RichPenny, oh yes, TalkTalk! I love that band! If there’s anybody I would do anything to see reform and play live again, it’s them. There was a concert of theirs on one of the Sky Arts channels, and they were astonishing live, I deeply regret never seeing them.

Kevevs
    Free Member

Hendrix. The gig where he does Machine Gun and it’s just astonishing and mind blowing. It’s such a killer of a performance.
    I’d love to have been there. where was that? (digs out CD’s..)

Gunz
    Free Member

Would like to see;

The Doors at Whisky A Go Go

The Who at Leeds

John Martyn circa late 1970s

Have seen;

Queen, Kind of Magic Tour, Wembley. Supported by INXS, The Alarm, Status Quo. Blew my 15 yo mind.

John Martyn, 2005, Glasgow. Past his best and broke my heart to see it.

Van Morrison, Bob Dylan. Phoenix Festival 1996, both over supported/produced, horrible disapointment.

808 State. I have no idea what happened but I remember them fondly.

Kingmaker, Teeside Polytechnic, 1993, got stabbed by lead singer, best part of the concert, music forgettable.

crankboy
    Free Member

The Redskins at Newcastle poly in 86 . I could have gone, with a really nice girl too. I stayed in to revise , on the basis I’d seem them and her another time. They split and never reformed she copped off and never split .

RichPenny
    Free Member

RichPenny, oh yes, TalkTalk! I love that band! If there’s anybody I would do anything to see reform and play live again, it’s them.

I was going to reply that it will never happen, as Mark Hollis had retired from the music making process.

Then I found this:

New Grass

:cries with joy:

_tom_
    Free Member

The entire reading festival that had an amazing lineup – can’t remember it all but featured RATM and Metallica.

emsz
    Free Member

Beatles roof top

keithd
    Free Member

Zeppelin at Earls Court in 74(?). Saw them at Knebworth in 79 and they were awesome but would love to have seen them in their peak doing the acoustic section as on the DVD.

jappy
    Free Member

The entire reading festival that had an amazing lineup – can’t remember it all but featured RATM and Metallica.

2008 had Queens of the stone age on before Rage and tenacious D before Metalica too.im sure that was the year them crucked vultchures did a suprise gig, the killers headlined the saturday so i would,nt say entire 😉

eyerideit
    Free Member

Stone Roses, Inspiral Carpets and Happy Mondays concert 1990 Gmex Manchester.

ade
    Free Member

+1 for Radiohead at Glastonbury 1997. I’ve got the recording on my Freesat box. Proper legendary gig.

TheSanityAssassin

Sex Pistols at Ivanhoes in Huddersfield – the last time they played live in Britain.

TheFopster
    Free Member

+1 for Sex Pistols at Manchester Free Trade Hall. I’d have started a band and been famous. And another +1for James Brown in the 70s – wasn’t there one gig where he was credited with preventing a race riot?

Northwind

Too many to mention tbh. But Donington Monsters of Rock 94. I listened to it live on the radio and it basically kicked off my love of rock and metal. Amazing bill… SO it’s got a personal significance for me.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

2008 had Queens of the stone age on before Rage and tenacious D before Metalica too.im sure that was the year them crucked vultchures did a suprise gig, the killers headlined the saturday so i would,nt say entire

They spoilt it by scheduling RATM to play at the same time as Pennywise.

Northwind

Good year that… We walked out of Them Crooked Vultures, so dull… Then spent the rest of the weekend meeting people who’d failed to get into the tent and telling them we were right down the front but then left :mrgreen:

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Fair one!

I didnt get to see them. I was probably busy watching something awful like Anti Flag on the main stage at 12.30pm

lodious
    Free Member

My ambitions are pretty low….I wish I’d seen Bo Ningen in Hull last thursday 🙁

tazzymtb

husker Du

CountZero

Rich, thanks for that link, I’m astonished, to say the least! I’ve got Mark Hollis’ solo album, and I’ll be the first to admit that it’s a challenging listen; bugger-all happens for long periods of time, which I find a bit… nerve-wracking, if you know what I mean. Still, TalkTalk were going ever more minimalist in their music. I want desperately to see them work together again.

Zeppelin at Earls Court in 74(?). Saw them at Knebworth in 79 and they were awesome but would love to have seen them in their peak doing the acoustic section as on the DVD.

Still got the tour programme… 😀

2bit

Excellent thread & something I metioned on my show a few weeks back.
    For starters, I’d loved to have seen/been at –

the Rolling Stones Rock n roll circus
    Sly & the Family (early 70s)
    James Brown / the JBs (as above)
    the Temptations (Psychadelic Shack album tour)
    Woodstock
    Early Burning Spear
    Any old JA dances
    Stone Roses (1st tour / Spike island)

RichPenny
    Free Member

+1for James Brown in the 70s – wasn’t there one gig where he was credited with preventing a race riot?

Documentary about it was screened last year I think.

Radiohead at Glastonbury 97 – I had to be persuaded to go and see it, not being a huge fan at the time……….

Not too shabby…

rewski
    Free Member

I’ve always found live gigs a bit disapointing, but I’m more of a dance music club sort guy.

Kraftwerk at the Manchester velodrome
    Richie havens Woodstock
    Larry levan DJ at paradise garage
    Africa Bambaataa DJ at a original hip hop block party.
    Mancuso DJ at he loft.

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

One of my regrets in life is not going to see the White Stripes at Blackpool Empress Ballroom a few years ago. However, I’m hoping to partially rectify this by seeing Jack White at that venue in November.

_tom_
    Free Member

the killers headlined the saturday so i would,nt say entire

Ah yeah I forgot about that one 😛 Rest of the lineup looked immense though.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 115 total)

The topic ‘gig you would've loved to have been at?’ is closed to new replies.