Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Gig at Etihad stadium. Hotels near by? Or stay in Manchester centre?
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

As above really, don’t want to drive, all hotel searches seem to come up in the city. What’s public transport like? Does the tram go out that way?

nealglover
    Free Member

Not sure if the tram station is open at the stadium yet.

Doesn’t take long to walk it from town though to be honest. It’s what we always do.

highclimber
    Free Member

It’s not a massive walk from piccadilly and there will be buses. They were building the tram network out to there before I moved from manchester so I don’t know if they’ve finished it – it’s only about 12 years late!

MartynS

Stay in town..

There’s. to a whole lot around the stadium and its not the best area….as said you can walk back into town or cab it.

uwe-r
    Free Member

Lots of hotels on ancoats, that is the ideal spot.

hora
    Free Member

Trams are being tested but 6months off yet due to the lovely capable folk at THALES.

Stay in or as near as poss to the Northern Quarter (as a guide)

nealglover
    Free Member

Tram station at Etihad not due to open till feb 2014 according to wiki.

So should be up and running in about 7 years or so.

edhornby

They are building the tramline as we speak but it’s not ready yet – however there are tons of buses and a taxi wouldn’t be too bad (tho getting one after a gig would be a pain), the football crowds walk from the city centre to the ground although probably not a good idea in the nighttime…

don’t get a hotel round there, it’s not nice and there aren’t many hotels, loads in the city centre, and a few on that side of town that are new, try travelodge Ancoats

hora
    Free Member

Shudder

wrightyson
    Free Member

It’s a summer gig so I presume there’ll be loads of folk walking, don’t want to end up walking somewhere we shouldn’t as its just me and the mrs! Been to the ground before but in the day for football.

wrightyson
    Free Member

What’s the walk to ancoats like? That hotel is available.

hora
    Free Member

Taxi but it will be busy anyway with people walking back down so should be safe.

montylikesbeer

Clayton, Ancoats or Newton Heath is not where you want to be staying (areas directly around the stadium) as they are iffy.

Apart from that there are much better places to stay.

Add to that the town centre is only a 25 min walk or a £5.00 or so cab ride.

Try City warehouse apartments

It’s in the fashionable “northern quarter” with good bars and alternative edge to it and 25 mins walk from the stadium.

Also Odd bar is not far away and offers a good night out

fubar
    Free Member
    cheekyboy
    Free Member

When I was a yoof we used to walk to the Mayflower club in Belle Vue from Piccadilly and back, saved the bus money for chips and gravy, it were real gravy too!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Gig at Etihad stadium. Hotels near by? Or stay in Manchester centre?’ is closed to new replies.