Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Giffgaff – 4G – bollox!!!!!
  • loddrik
    Free Member

Yes I’m sure giffgaffs customers ‘asked for fast speeds or unlimited data, but not both’…

What a load of bollox. Looks like I’m going to have to look at another network now. What’s the point of a network with which the main selling point is unlimited data introducing data caps on its 4g plans. Stupid **** idiots!!!!

http://www.neowin.net/news/giffgaff-reveals-4g-price-plans—but-2gb-is-all-the-data-youll-get

loddrik
    Free Member

Anyone doing payg unlimited 4g?

cp

data caps on 4g are common… otherwise you’ve just use it for home broadband. and then no one’s getting fast speeds.

loddrik
    Free Member

Ok, so cap it at 5+ gb. 2gb is pathetic.

tightywighty
    Free Member

loddrik – Member

Ok, so cap it at 5+ gb. 2gb is pathetic.

Yep, they’ve negated a lot of the usefulness of it there for things like streaming music and video.

There’s an 85 page thread on it on their site BTW with some low priced alternatives:
    http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Contribute/4G-Launch-Update-Official-feedback-thread/td-p/12127982/page/85

wwaswas

they’ve negated a lot of the usefulness of it there for things like streaming music and video

which is probably exactly why they’ve done it 🙂

kcal

what’s 4G? struggle to get 3G here mate.

robdixon
    Free Member

don’t worry, 02/giffgaff have hardly got any 4g coverage and won’t have until the end of 2017 so there’s no real “loss” here other than not paying for something that can’t be used in most places

iolo
    Free Member

4g,3g any bloody g or signal in many parts of North Wales

nealglover
    Free Member

don’t worry, 02/giffgaff have hardly got any 4g coverage and won’t have until the end of 2017 so there’s no real “loss” here other than not paying for something that can’t be used in most places

Perfect coverage round here in Leeds.

But then again, I decided to buy it based on the fact it was available in my area.

Similar logic was used when I decided not to get an Oyster Card for getting to work.

allthepies
    Free Member

😆

Mister-P
    Free Member

I got a 4G contract on O2 despite living in an area without 4G. It was cheaper to get a 4G contract than a 3G plan. And when I go to that there London I can get all excited about having a different icon at the top of my screen. It’s the simple things.

tomtomthepipersson
    Free Member

I’m on 3/Three – £15 a month,unlimited data plus tethering. 4G is pretty good – have had 30+Mbps, but in the office (Central London)I only get around <5Mbps. Can stream Spotify all day without a problem though. Don’t bother with wifi hotspots any more.

GiffGaff were terrible when I used them.

loddrik
    Free Member

Unfortunately I’m in a good coverage area so was looking forward to getting unlimited 4g on giffgaff, which I assumed would be a sure thing.

johndoh
    Free Member

I’m with GiffGaff and have only once reached 1gig usage and that was when I didn’t have broadband during a house move so I am happy that, as an existing user I get the same price and the same allowances but on 4G.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Are Three cutting the unlimited datas soon though?

I’m out of contract mid April – would happily pay an extra month to get unlimited data grandfathered in

loddrik
    Free Member

I use at least 3gb a month so need to.look elsewhere when they bring in the caps.

loddrik
    Free Member

Can’t really understand companies bringing in 4g and making a big deal about being able to download in XXX time if It’ll use a big portion of your monthly data allowance.

mimilovell
    Free Member

Never again. I brought giffgaff to put into this portable CCTV camera. It wouldnt work. There is no telephone number to contact them. I then managed to find out 2 weeks later the MMS functions for the camera to send me picture and video messages wont work unless the device 3g is on. But the other sim card works. Seeing Ive already paid for the month use, I put the sim card into my phone, shortly after the 3g useage turned into 2g. They cant even handle 3g properly. I just threw the thing away. 2G internet access, s far to slow.

bigG
    Free Member

robdixon – Member

don’t worry, 02/giffgaff have hardly got any 4g coverage and won’t have until the end of 2017

That’ll be ignoring the vast sums being spent every day to roll it out countrywide, the network sharing alliance with Vodafone and the current 4G coverage in a number of towns & cities?

What network are you with that has such stunning nationwide unlimited 4G coverage then?

nickjb
    Free Member

There is no telephone number to contact them.

I quite like the fact they don’t use a call centre but have a web forum instead. You can generally find the answer to any problem just from a quick search. Much better than sitting on hold for 20 mins before speaking to someone reading from a script

johndoh
    Free Member

I use at least 3gb a month so need to.look elsewhere when they bring in the caps.

I guess you need to work it out for yourself – is a £12 a month contract and paying for usage when you go over it going to work out cheaper than an unlimited tariff with a higher monthly charge?

loddrik
    Free Member

What’s virgin mobile like? Their unlimited sim only looks good.

robdixon
    Free Member

Rootmetrics have just published the summary of the nationwide tests for the second half of last year – the results for Vodafone are spectacularly bad albeit they have won the prize for “worst network” for:

– Overall reliability
    – Mobile internet (speed and latency)
    – Call performance
    – Text performance

http://www.rootmetrics.com/rsr/uk

Teetosugars
    Free Member

What’s virgin mobile like

Well as they are a ghost on EE, not bad would by my guess.

cp

I get better, more reliable and more widespread 3G connections on my personal mobile on 02 compared with EE on my work phone…

It really does just depend where you live and the best thing to do is just get a few free sims and check where you live and work/spend most of your time.

gogg
    Free Member

What’s 3g? Still on GSM here in Gogledd Cymru.

Oops, see Iolo said that!

oldboy
    Free Member

Giffgaff’s signal is lousy where I live, despite being in an O2 (their provider) good reception area. Only use it because I get free calls/texts with my GF!

3G/4G what’s that?

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Giffgaff – 4G – bollox!!!!!’ is closed to new replies.