Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Giant VT2 bearings – what & where from?
  • piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

As above really. The bearings in my Giant VT2 frame have died, so need replacing. Any advice as to what to replace them with, where to get them and how easy a job is it (assuming a vice, appropriatly sized sockets, etc would suffice)?

Thanks

owenfackrell
    Free Member

I have just changed the bearings in my wheels and got them from here the service was very good. I can’t help you on what ones you need though.

z1ppy

I beleive my m8 just got his from Betd, but if you have the time just pop out them out and go down to your local bearing shop and they’ll be able to sort you out (all std sizes)

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Just how easy is the ‘popping out’ of the bearings? Don’t want to end up with broken & bent frame parts.

z1ppy

no difficult, i use a vice on my m8’s when i did it, but the lad who did his this week used a g-clamp and sockets – said it was a bit fiddly (needed 3 hands) but not a major problem to do it.

jackthedog
    Free Member

BETD advertise a VT bearing kit on their sit for £35, but the picture is just a generic one, and it doesn’t have any deatils of what the kit consists of, go god knows if that’s just the main swingarm bearings or all the linkage one too?

I saw a full VT kit on another site a while ago that included new rocker arms with pre-installed bearings, but can’t find it now 🙁

sing1etrack

TF Tuned I’d have thought. Always got bushings for my VT from there but haven’t had to replace bearings.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Thanks all.

Pedalon do the full ‘kits’
    BETD do just the bearings (all 8) for £35 – ordered these so I know I’ve got the right ones (I phoned to check).

Sockets & vice at the ready (as well as swearing & tears no doubt!)

z1ppy

“god knows if that’s just the main swingarm bearings or all the linkage one too?”

as per cheeseyfeet, my m8 just order the Betd one and it definitely had both the linkage and main bearings included.

What’s included extra in the “Pedalon do the full ‘kits'”?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Full kits – what’s included

Linkage kit

Pivot Set

Shock Linkage Set

z1ppy

ahh found them…£50/£25/£85…ouch!
    I’ll stick with just buying the bearings.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Giant VT2 bearings – what & where from?’ is closed to new replies.