Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Giant Trance X 29er frame, good deal or not?
  • Chipbutty
    Free Member

Looking to replace my Orange 5 for a 29er FS. Anyone give me feedback on this frame? Looks a bit of a bargain, anyone riding one?
    http://www.jejamescycles.co.uk/giant-trance-x-29er-fr-mountain-bike-frame-id73964.html?gclid=CInxy9vayrkCFTLMtAoddjQAWQ

br
    Free Member

That frame/model won an WMB test recently, looks a good price but no idea on sizing.

chakaping
    Free Member
    steve_b77
    Free Member

Size wise is say if you ride a medium get a medium and so on

Tom-B
    Free Member

Yep pretty good deal that. I love mine. Size wise they come up pretty big. I’m usually between a medium and large on most bikes..medium is easily big enough….I’d be closer to small than a large! A mate whom is a taller chap went from an XL niner rip 9 to a large Trance 29er

Chipbutty
    Free Member

Thanks for your input guys. I’ve ordered it now.

br
    Free Member

tbh unless you’ve got a bag full of 29er bits, I’d have bought a bike rather than frame – which JE James were also selling

tomaso
    Free Member

Check out Pauls Cycles for a bargain complete Giant Trance X29 @ £1,124.99 – so about £400 more you get 29er forks wheels and tyres plus a groupset and finishing kit.

If you were thinking fancy custom build then sell the bits you don’t want and trade up.

Pauls Cycles Trance X29 linky

Clink

2 questions on the Paul’s link.
    1. Rear shock not as good as frame-only. Non-issue?
    2. Presume fork on bike is standard tapered – seem to be a few of these 120mm Recons around for sale – not sure they are moving either!

Andy

Agree with Clink. The parts on that Pauls version look poor. I’d rather get the frame and kit out to choice. That JE JAmes offer looks great value.
    Oh and I have an Anthem X29er and love it.

eurodave
    Free Member

Pedalon are doing a 29er Anthem for £1099, perhaps even more of a bargain?

tomaso
    Free Member

Giant frames can take normal taper forks but also their own standard ones that go from 1 1/5 to 1 1/4 and not the more normal taper to 1 1/8th.

Yeah the shock is better on the frame only.

I’ve got the Recons on my Trek Stache and they are more than ok – not fancy but good enough.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Giant Trance X 29er frame, good deal or not?’ is closed to new replies.