Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Giant Trance
  • mikey74
    Free Member

2 or 3?

I rode the 1 in Whistler during the summer and liked it, but its a bit more than I want to spend.

Is the 2 worth the extra over the 3?

silverbirchdan
    Free Member

What year mate? Do you mean 2015.? Ive got a 2014 trance 1 and its great. Seen the 2015 models and they look good too. None of this overdrive 2 nonsense.
    Just get the one you can afford? Cant go wrong with the trance.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

SX. Utterly awesome.

mikey74
    Free Member

It will be the 2015 model.

matther01
    Free Member

If you’re on the Cycle 2 Work scheme, you can get the frame only for about £700-£800. Add a set pikes and spank oozy 295’s and your looking at about £1650…then transfer all your bits from the existing bike!

mikey74
    Free Member

If you’re on the Cycle 2 Work scheme, you can get the frame only for about £700-£800. Add a set pikes and spank oozy 295’s and your looking at about £1650…then transfer all your bits from the existing bike!

Not an option. Very little from my current bike will fit, if anything at all.

deviant
    Free Member

Not a huge difference between the various models, they all share the same frame. Essentially the only differences is the fork….with brakes, drivetrain etc being very much a personal choice and something people often change when they get the bike anyway.

I bought the frame only option and ran it with a 150mm Revelation initially, it was great…I then bought a 160mm Pike and it is great, not a huge difference as far as I can feel…better riders may disagree, the Pike purchase was a vanity thing!
    It’s a versatile frame, it can be run with or without front mech, takes 203mm brakes, 140-160 forks, 200×51 or 200×57 shock for 140mm or 158mm rear travel, 135 x 10mm axle or 142 x 12mm axle…easily the best bike I’ve ridden.
    I’d like to get to the point where I have 160mm forks and a long shock on standby for big days out, uplifts etc and then run it for most of the time at 140mm both ends for more trail based riding.

rp16v
    Free Member

The 2 is quite a jump in componentry for the cash main being the option of fox ctd system over a rebound only unit on the rear the stations on the rs are the slightly heavyer chrome plated version not the gold or black higher quality coating,the drivetrain has a good upgrade and brakes make a good around bike
    Ither way the maestro system will not dissapoint iv had mine for years and love it also being internal routing u can run any dropper u want

mikey74
    Free Member

Thanks folks. I think I’m gonna go with the 2.

mikey74
    Free Member

Dammit!! Just went on Pedalon to order a medium Trance and it’s now saying “please call”.

I will probably call tomorrow, but does anyone know anywhere that has a medium in stock?

mikey74
    Free Member

Found one at Cyclestore.co.uk: Are they any good?

rp16v
    Free Member

Think we have one at giant Bristol I can check tomorrow
    They are in stock at head office so any store should be able to get one on a prety quick turnaround

mikey74
    Free Member

You work for Giant then?

rp16v
    Free Member

Yes sir concept store in Bristol
    I have a trance myself and bloody love it lol

mikey74
    Free Member

Cool. I imagine you have the 1, rather than the 2, though 😀

darrenspink
    Free Member

It’s a versatile frame,

Apart from the overdrive headtube.

rp16v
    Free Member

I actualy got mine before i started there a few years back it’s the older 120mm version with 130 fork same maestro system tho as they never changed it, I have no need the setup suits my needs
    Have taken out our demo 2 tho and handles just as good the 27.5 wheel size did make it faster tho imo

rp16v
    Free Member

It’s a versatile frame,
    Apart from the overdrive headtube.

OD is just taperd
    OD2 is just a change of top bearing if u want to change forks

mikey74
    Free Member

Cheers rp. I hired one in Whistler last year so I know they are good bikes. I’ll give Pedalon a ring tomorrow.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Giant Trance’ is closed to new replies.