Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Giant dropper post wear
  • stcolin
    Free Member

Hi all,

I bought a new 2016 Reign in June which came with Giants own dropper post (stealth type). For the first couple of rides it was fine, pretty smooth. Since then it has developed really bad wear on the stantion as in the photo below. I’m currently in the middle of a warranty claim with Giant but I was just wondering how others with this post have got on. Has it proved reliable, or have you had problems?

[url=https://flic.kr/p/MTenFg]Giant Dropper Wear[/url] by Colin, on Flickr

Thanks
    Col

lecky94
    Free Member

I’ve been running one on my commencal for 3 months now with no signs of wear like yours. I unscrew the coller regularly to clean and regrease it which seams to keep things running smooth . For the money I paid for it (£119.00) I can’t complain.

iainc

I have the 2015 version on mtyAnthem and its been fine over the year and a half I’ve had it. A bit of lateral play, which Giant said is normal, and TBH is only fractionally more than on my reverb on other bike

stcolin
    Free Member

I’ve also been regreasing under the collar. Has made no difference to how it feels or operates.

Thanks for the replies.

bullandbladder
    Free Member

I’m running a newer one with 5″ drop and it’s wearing like yours. The action feels gritty too.
    My previous 4″ one with the older single-bolt seat clamp is going through warranty at the moment as it stopped working at about 8 months old, but no sign of wear and felt smooth.
    I suspect the extra leverage caused by the longer stanchion + my fat arse is the culprit

hambl90
    Free Member

I had one for a couple of years, got replaced 3 times and the 3rd one developed such bad play I bit the bullet and bought a spesh command post which I am very pleased with.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Giant dropper post wear’ is closed to new replies.