Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Giant Defy Advanced 1 2010 v Trek Madone 5.2 2011………..
  • romster
    Free Member

Anyone got either of these? If you have what's your opinions?

Trek – http://www.trekbikes.com/uk/en/bikes/road/madone/madone52/

or

Giant – http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-us/bikes/model/defy.advanced.1/3890/37092/

Hmmmmmmmmm I need a nudge on either or……i love the look of the Trek over the Giant, but having bought Giants for many years i can't help but to be favouring the Defy.

Same group, better wheels on the Giant, better finishing kit on the Trek…….it's a hard one.

tragically1969
    Free Member

I reckon its a hard one, if it was my money it would be the Giant though, i have had Giant for years now, my alloy TCR rides awesome.

romster
    Free Member

It is a hard one, and it's annoying the sh*t out of me because I can't make my mind up…………..the Giant i know i'd feel comfortable on straight away, but the more i look at the Trek, the more I want it………….

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Id go for the giant , just my preference .. but both lovely

romster
    Free Member

Thats 2-0 to the Defy already, my heads saying go for the Defy too……BUT…….the Trek is teasing me!!!

It's almost like that really fit bird you see in Tesco's while you're with the missus, tight jeans, massive knockers, curves in all the right places, slowly pushing her trolly down the isle in front of you, you almost want to throw her in the basket and take her home with your stuffed olives……but deep down you know it's just wrong, and the missus is the woman you really love and much better than the bird with the fine ass….. 😯

Missus = Defy
    Bird with big knockers = Madone

Siiigh

tragically1969
    Free Member

Looking closer I dont think the finishing kit is better on the Trek at all, just because its got Bontrager on it does not make it better.

The Giant own brand stuff at the higher end is really nice stuff, also the Trek has a 105 cassette the Giant is Ultegra, go for the Giant.

romster
    Free Member

Looking closer I dont think the finishing kit is better on the Trek at all

Fair point that……….and a true one

jimmyshand
    Free Member

Only bike I've ever taken an instant dislike to is the madone.

romster
    Free Member

Giants winning hands down, i don't think i need any further input…….basic but effective, cheers chaps.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Giant Defy Advanced 1 2010 v Trek Madone 5.2 2011………..’ is closed to new replies.