Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Giant Contact Switch thoughts ?
  • cakefacesmallblock

I fitted a Giant Contact Switch dropper post on my Trance a couple of weeks ago. In terms of seat-dropping benefit, yeah, it will be useful. I’ve put it ( the lever, that is !) between the grip and brake lever, l/h side, so that I have to press down ( and back as opposed to away from me). To be honest, the lever design and operation is about as ergonomically designed as a soup plate in my view,hard to press. The post itself seems not to drop very smoothly either. Anyone set theirs up diffently or got any thoughts.

LittleTones
    Free Member

Not quite the same as you.Right hand side, push down, but between brake and gear lever. LHS I tend to associate with fork lockout, so I didn’t put it there. You are right about the lever though, it’s not that clever, but it does work.

seanodav
    Free Member

I use mine on rh side right up next to the grip, i did find i was changing gear instead of dropping post so ive flipped it upside down and now push lever up using my thumb.

nickdavies

I have mine LHS as the fork lockout is on the RHS. Found it hard to reach while trying to use it on the fly as it was a bit far to the right . My solution was to go 1×10 and ditch the rear lever, the bar now goes grip,remote,brake. I have the lever set to push down too, I found pushing it away from you just felt clumsy.

Post drops fine, though I found I had to tweak how much cable slack there was to get it nice, and need to keep the post clean or it does get a bit sticky.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Giant Contact Switch thoughts ?’ is closed to new replies.