Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Giant Contact Switch SL Dropper Post – lateral movement issues/fix
  • sdenny
    Free Member

Hi All,

My new at the time (Feb 2015) Giant Contact Switch SL dropper has developed a lot of “side to side” play. From enquiring with the guys at the local Giant Store, they say just to replace the whole unit.
    So, before I do, has anyone experienced the same issue and also has anyone been able to resolve it..? If so, how..?
    Thanks.

BoardinBob

It’s giants problem surely?

Mine has a lot of play but havent warentied it

sdenny
    Free Member

It’s out of warranty so that why I was asking is there a fix for the issue or do people just bite the bullet and replace with a whole new dropper post…

uphillcursing
    Free Member

I stripped mine down and put a fair bit of grease in there. Seemed to make a difference.

When that stops working buy a “proper one” will be the next course of action.

stugee
    Free Member

Mine had noticeable side to side play within 2 weeks of fitting. It never got any worse over the following 3 months. The dealer advised that it needed regular “servicing”, but couldn’t confirm what that was. I wouldn’t buy another Giant post. Just buy a Brand X dropper and save yourself the cost and hassle.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Giant Contact Switch SL Dropper Post – lateral movement issues/fix’ is closed to new replies.