Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Giant Anthems show and tell…
  • popps
    Free Member

hi, building up a Giant Anthem and looking for some ideas on spec, colour schemes etc
    Also what do you think of them and how do they ride?
    any pictures please post and lastly 100mm or 120 Forks ?

ianfitz
    Free Member

Love mine. It has 120’s on. Silver frame black forks, everything else is silver or black…

Legoman
    Free Member

Here’s mine pictured in Les Arcs a few weeks ago. 2010 X2, pretty much standard spec,mostly XT kit, love it!
    [/URL]]Anthem

jonny-m
    Free Member

100 or 120mm forks…?

xcstu
    Free Member

Here’s mine but pretty much my back up bike to my hardtail!

bartimaeus
    Free Member

Love mine too… it’s a 2010 X4 which now has a 70mm stem, 730mm bars and a reverb – as well as Crests on Superstar Switch Evo hubs. Mine has a basic spec, so I periodically wish for full XT, possibly 2×10 with a shadow plus, but it’s a great bike, and with nearly 3,000 miles on the clock it has done me proud.

Came with 100mm forks – but I reckon it would be great with 120s.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Long gone, but it was a very good ride. An X3 frame, that had plenty of upgrades, especially the short stem, wide bar, longer fork (Revs set at 120mm worked well) that others have suggested.

GeForceJunky

120mm bolt through forks, 760mm bars, 70mm stem, 1×10 gearing … makes for a right hoon!

kerbdog
    Free Member

Mine 2010 X3 frame mixture of hope/xt/xtr.
    Love it! A lot more capable than the 100mm travel might suggest and a faster/fitter person than myself would fly uphill on one.

nigelb001
    Free Member

Great bike, 2011 X4 upgraded with Hope/XT/Cobalts/FSA K-Force – nice and light.

Would go 120mm when current forks wear out.

antares
    Free Member

2012 X1. Just replaced frame under warranty. Frame and forks are for sale BTW 🙂

[/url] IMG_1295 by Jeevester, on Flickr[/img]

HarYuken
    Free Member

Silver Team frame from 2011. 120mm Revelations with 15mm bolt through. SLX/XT mix with Hope Hoops run tubeless. 60mm stem and 760mm bars. Reverb seatpost. A lot of fun 🙂

Thinking of slackening out by another 1 or 1.5 degrees for a bit more stability at speed and more confidence on the steeper downhills.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Here’s mine, its a 2013 X1 29’er (I’m amazed it the first on here) all I’ve done is change the wheels for Crests on Hope Pro II Evo SP’s, swapped out the Avids for SLX and changed the tyres for a combo of Specialized 2bliss depending on conditions, oh yeah and the Mucky Nutz thingy too.

As for the ride I bloody love it, very fast up hill and equally so down, way more than a 100mm XC machine I can tell you.

birky
    Free Member

2010 X3, completely standard

nre
    Free Member

2012 X3
    Frame and fork as standard, pretty much everything else non-standard…
    Rebas set to 120mm, rides lovely:

andermt
    Free Member

Started life as a 2010 X3 but now has a 2011 Anthem X frame under warranty.
    Mostly SRAM X9-0 nowadays with the CB Cobalt 3 wheel set.

v666ern
    Free Member

Nre,
    I have the same model with the reba’s (pauls cycles special!) are the standard forks internally adjustable to 120mm???

dab

I have a serious want for an anthem after the sluggish
    grind of the evo !!

Really nice little bikes and way more capable than they
    are pitched at

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Perhaps I’m used to the look of 29ers now but some of the 26er Anthems above look like Bromptons! Sure they ride nice though 🙂

nigelb001
    Free Member

Perhaps I’m used to the look of 29ers now but some of the 26er Anthems above look like Bromptons!

Memory loss problems? Deep in the history of mountain bike folklore, all bikes were like this.

marty
    Free Member

Another pretty much stock Anthem X3 (2010). Been a great bike.

IMG_7747 by martysavalas, on Flickr

nre
    Free Member

v666ern – Mine is a Pauls Cycles supplied X3 too, and yes I adjusted the rebas by doing the old spacer removal trick to take them to 120mm. The giveaway is if you look at the sag graduations on the stanchion, there are 3 sets of 10%/20%/30% markings, one for when set to 80mm, one for 100mm, and another set (partially hidden if the fork is set to 100mm) for 120mm. Feels great to get the upgrade to 120mm for free 😉

v666ern
    Free Member

Legend!
    Cheers Nre, ill give it a go

munrobiker
    Free Member

2011 X frame. Very, very nice bike- fast, and more capable than it ought to be. Mine’s on a 100mm stem, 700mm bars and 100mm forks with 2.25″ tyres. Bigger tyres feel better everywhere as do the big bars. If I didn’t race I’d get 120mm forks.

If you live down south it’ll suit 90% of your average woodsy singletrack, up north it’s better suited to moorland slogs than the wilder descents in the Peak. It loves trail centres.

23lbs with SIDs, ZTR 330 hubs on Stan’s Olympic rims, XT everything with XTR brakes. I’ve no carbon on mine so it could go a lot lighter if money allows.

stevejp

2010 frame, SLX and an X-Fusion dropper…

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Giant Anthems show and tell…’ is closed to new replies.