Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Giant Anthem X29 headset query + tapered tube with straight steerer options??
  • cjr61

About to finalise purchase of Christmas present to myself in the form of an X29 frame.

It has overdrive 2 tapered head tube and I have straight 1&1/8 steerer Reba’s to fit.

What are my headset options?

1) Standard semi integrated tapered headset (if it will fit??) and an adapter? Therefore which one and any recommendations?
    2) any magical headsets that are OD tapered but ID straight?

Thanks

Chris

Turnerfan1
    Free Member

You can use a standard tapered headset.This has a 1 1/8″ top cup and 1.5 lower.
    I use a Hope in mine.
    Overdrive 2 is just a different top cup.
    Obviously if you buy a complete bike, steerer and stem are different as well!
    Thanks Max

cjr61

Stoddys – assume you used that with hope headset?

any cheaper options available like FSA?

cjr61

Ps does the bottom cup have to be integrated or can it be external?

Thanks

stoddys
    Free Member

I will have to do some research again. I used my headset from my old frame a standard 1″ 1/8
    The part I purchased inserted into the frame and my headset bottom cup inserted in to the reducer.
    I thought it was the part I sent a link to but I will try to see if I can confirm that, it was a couple of years ago.
    I will keep you posted.

stoddys
    Free Member

Silver, Convert 1.5″ to 1.1/8″
    Hope Tapered 1.5″ Reducer Crown
    Silver, Convert 1.5″ to 1.1/8″ – sku273357
    €11.49
    RRP €12.99 | Saved 12%
    Quantity

Just found the old email.
    I did not buy a new headset but used the one I had, it may have been luck that it fitted. But it all worked fine with out buying anything else, just using a std 1 1/8 head set.

cjr61

Thanks Stoddys will have a look

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Giant Anthem X29 headset query + tapered tube with straight steerer options??’ is closed to new replies.