Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Giant Anthem X – freeride capable??
  • ElvisPresley
    Free Member

Can you build an Anthem X ( 2010 ) so that it is capable of mild freeride?? i.e small drops/dirt jump etc ?

ThankYouVeryMuch

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

How small? I've done drops up to about 4ft on mine and there's a couple of doubles I occasionally do in my local woods on it but NOT big ones.Like XC scale.

If you're honest with yourself, is it genuinely FR or XC that you're doing?

tazzymtb

it would be like trying to make one of these

into one of these

and then wondering why the resulting mess is s**t and breaks easily 😀

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

It can do FR-Mince-Core-Lite, but struggles with AM-XC-Extremeness.

dropoff

CFH, Love the labeling 🙂

Northwind

It depends. Do you mean actual freeriding, or the everyday trailriding stuff that some people delude themselves is extreme and dangerous freeriding? If it's the latter, yes, that's what it's made for. If it's the former, you are boned.

ElvisPresley
    Free Member

@Northwind – yes, just everyday trailriding/singletrack etc the odd jump in the trail now and then. I just wonder if it could cope with all that Glentress has to offer if i happen to go there ?

Northwind

Yup, no bother, though it's not really the ideal bike for the jump park and wouldn't take too kindly to the big drop etc, or to bad landings off the bigger jumps. But out on the trails it'll be great. It's an XC bike obviously and you have to bear that in mind but good quality XC bikes are capable of miles more than most people expect.

DeeJay
    Free Member

It is a brilliant everyday trail bike – did everything with ease at Dalby on Sunday and I will be taking it to Glentress the next time I go.

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

Yes, it'd be fine for everything gt can throw at it.

coffeeking
    Free Member

While I can accept and indeed embrace the fact that one type of bike is meant for one thing, and another for another, I generally ride one bike for all off-road duties, I ask my NRS to do everything from long XCs to alpine DHs and playing around in small jump parks (while it's not great at the bigger stuff, it does it without complaining). It's never let me down, and I weigh 17stone. Bikes can take a lot more than you think if you're not a clumsy oaf.

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

Spokes – I had a quick go on yours at the weekend and it felt like a road bike with knobbly tyres. Ridiculous.

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

Innit daft? Stupidly, stupidly fast. Definitely the fastest bike I've ever ridden, even compared to my Scale.

I've often pondered wanging a set of 130/140mm forks on it, just for one rag around the peaks. It'd be awesome.

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

Yeah, until the headtube snapped off and you were impaled to death. Which would definitely happen. Also, my Sov with Racing Ralphs was almost as fast. Honest.

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

Well, yes, there's that issue.

The Anthem loves Kemback- the first 2 doubles and the steep chute at the far end of the woods. Nyyyyyyooooowm.

ElvisPresley
    Free Member

Thanks for the comments guys. Has put my mind at ease. I went to a shop to size it up againt Meta 5.5 pro and have what a lovely bike.
    P.S where or what is Kemback?

ThankYouVeryMuch

rootes1

get a trance x instead?

cynic-al
    Free Member

SpokesCycles – Member
    Innit daft? Stupidly, stupidly fast. Definitely the fastest bike I've ever ridden, even compared to my Scale.

OK so I buy one then I'll win races and stuff?

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

Well, that's what happened to me. So, because one person's experience on the internet is exactly what will happen to everyone else, yes, yes you will.

Kemback's mine and FS09's local woods.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Giant Anthem X – freeride capable??’ is closed to new replies.