Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Giant Alpecin taken out by car
  • chakaping
    Free Member

Emotional stuff.

Didn’t realise the driver had veered out of her lane directly toward the riders.

😯

bensales
    Free Member

Didn’t realise the driver had veered out of her lane directly toward the riders.

That’s not quite what he says. He doesn’t imply it’s deliberate, he says that crossed his mind.

The road curved left gradually, and the black SUV was coming over at us.

A back of an envelope sketch suggests it could have been lapse in concentration and failing to turn for the corner…

njee20
    Free Member

Full marks for the envelope sketch, like that!

Interesting read, sounds like, all things considered they’ve all been ridiculously lucky.

chakaping
    Free Member

That’s not quite what he says. He doesn’t imply it’s deliberate, he says that crossed his mind.

True, I didn’t mean it was deliberate either though.

I was thinking driver maybe fell asleep or suffered a medical issue.

If so it’s terrible, terrible luck for the riders.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Nice to see Degenklob back racing at the ToC…

http://velonews.competitor.com/2016/05/news/degenkolb-finger-eyeing-france_406861

Having to learn to shift and brake with a different finger. Do wonder if he’ll ever manage to get back to his 2015 best, best of luck to him, certainly hope he does.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

They could probably have stopped in time to not hit the car if they had been using disk brakes…

trail_rat
    Free Member

“They could probably have stopped in time to not hit the car if they had been using disk brakes…”

Stupid comment of the day.

anyway exactly the same happened to my dad last year in france on his motorbike – him doing a GPS camera verified 30mph before a van didnt turn the corner and wiped him out.

Van driver tried to blame “ze english”

Lucky it was all caught on camera.

MoreCashThanDash

Stupid comment of the day

I’m guessing the intended humour was lost in the ether….?

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Giant Alpecin taken out by car’ is closed to new replies.