Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 104 total)
  • Ghosts?
  • IanMunro
    Free Member

My take on it is that our brains are basically electrical signals and our bodies contain a lot of energy: Is it not a fundamental law of physics that states that energy can not be destroyed, only transferred, so what happens to all this energy that creates our personalities after we die.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entropy

Frankenstein
    Free Member

I was reading this:

“Hello,
    I live in Phoenix AZ, my husband took this picture with a disposable film camera on Halloween with me and my kids, when i got them developed at Walmart I noticed that half of the lamp behind us was covered, it was not when we took the picture so i asked to have it lightened, the developer hunted me down in the toy section to show me the lightened and enlarged picture, i was freaked, it looks like a black sheet is hanging from behind us like from i ceiling fan, i do not have a ceiling fan or anything on the ceiling for that matter, at the top of the picture is where you piss your pants, the face is something which i want to never know but i think we all have a good idea. the figure has a second body which is longer and continues into the next negative. I rushed home from Walmart and called my husband, not 5 seconds after i hung up all the lights in the house went out, i rushed into the garage to flip the breakers, when i returned into my house, i found my 3 year old son banging on the basement door (which i had locked previously for i have a baby that could fall downstairs if my 3 year old son opened it) i asked him why he wanted to go downstairs and he replied he wanted to talk to the tall man with the stick! I was shocked! We currently have moved out of that home for that reason, and now live in a new home near a church! LOL, i hope you will find this picture interesting…”

Must admit I would be freaked if I saw something come up in a picture!

mt
    Free Member

Can’t make it out to well but the interior design in that house would make me want leave.

hora
    Free Member

She looked like she was abit of a MILF. Probably a Gilf now though.

donsimon
    Free Member

Of course, one could say that there is a very simple explanation for the ghost in the photo.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

I’m not sure about ghosts, but goblins definitely exist. I’ve just seen loads of them in the middle of Manchester, mainly carrying Sports Direct and JD sports carrier bags.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

LOL@Gary.

Ghosts? probably a load of tosh but you may change your mind after this scary video(not):

Frankenstein
    Free Member
    chewkw
    Free Member

Of course there are ghosts but they are not as scary as those maggots that ruin our lives. 😡

Ghosts might make you shite in your pants but maggots will turn you into zombie slave.

Wiksey
    Free Member

A few thoughts, if I may:

Belief in some sort of life after death is one of the things that keeps most of us from going mental – if everyone believed that this one life was all there was and that death was final society as we know it would be very different.

You have to be very naive to think that nothing paranormal exists and that absolutely everything can be explained away. There are things that happen that our tiny little minds can’t comprehend… at least not yet.

fisha
    Free Member

I think that ( as IanMunro says ) our brains are just electrical signals and wave patterns … and that there are some cases where external electrical signals and wave patterns can influence our brain to the point that our conscious notices it ( be it a feeling or seeing of something )

By the same rational … I do think there is some merit in the posibility of telepathy. I.e. you’re brain being sensitive to another person’s brain waves and signals.

I dont consider myself telepath by any means, however, I do notice that ( i.e. more than randon conincidence occassions I would say ) I get a feeling or sense of something going to happen, or something that isn’t sitting right in my mind about what i’ve seen … and that a few moments later, something along the lines of my sense does happen, or it transpires later that something did happen. ( i.e. i’ve all but stopped the car on a completely blind bend cause I had a feeling about something coming, and seconds later a car comes flying round only just missing me – the wife was questioning why i had slowed right down when the car came round – just had a feeling )

Its to the point now that the people I work with notice when I pause when I’ve seen something and ask me about it, or force me to have a closer look at it.

Hard to describe, I nickname it my spidey-sense 😕

donsimon
    Free Member

PHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIL!!!

MrSalmon
    Free Member

I’m more inclined to think that inputs to the senses can sometimes be ‘spoofed’ (by the brain itself probably) to make you feel or see things that aren’t there than that ghosts exist.

The primal bit of your mind is pretty powerful though so that wouldn’t stop me being scared $hitless in the right dark and scary situation!

fattatlasses
    Free Member

If there are such things as ghosts, why should they just be limited to humans? Imagine if there were ghosts of every species that’s ever lived! Insect ghosts 😯

juiced
    Free Member

lets just say i’ve recently seen one @ dusk after a ride. Not going into any more detail as *some* logical science types will probably shoot me down. 🙄

yossarian
    Free Member

How Copernicus would laugh at the scientistism of today.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

And Issac Newton, in between writing-up Principia and trying to turn lead into gold

chvck
    Free Member

Insect ghosts

Hah, DINOSAUR GHOSTS!!!

juiced
    Free Member

although i like you all really . I would just say just because you haven’t seen one, doesn’t mean others haven’t. People understandably remember these experiences but do not often talk about them much. imho.

fattatlasses
    Free Member

Hah, DINOSAUR GHOSTS

hee heeeee, yeah 🙂 There’s a lotta scope for a few B-movies (ghost killer wasps….cue lots of ramblers in floppy sunhats flailing widly at ghost wasps, then falling off cliffs……..guys on bikes getting ghost wasps stuck in their helmets…phnarr 😉 All filmed in a cheapo Blair Witch stylee – strewth, where’s me video camera!

grantway
    Free Member

Been in to many situations and places to not believe even walking through Auschwitz & Birkenau
    to not be a believer

Houns

I don’t believe, but last year whilst on my bike i had a very strange experience to which i cannot answer…

I was heading back through the Netherton Canal tunnel ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netherton_Tunnel_Branch_Canal ) from the North End to the South End Riding on the West towpath.

As i entered the tunnel i switched on my USE Diablo helmet light and set it to full whack. Riding along splashing through the deep puddles on the towpath i could just about make out some damp footprints on the dry concrete sections of the towpath. As i rode further and further into the tunnel (i wasn’t dawdling along) i noticed the footprints become darker/wetter. I tilted my head up so the beam of light could reach further down the tunnel. I expected to catch this person up quite soon. The footprints now were very wet and there were other droplets of water around them, still i couldn’t see anyone. As i had to be virtually on top of this person now i shouted out a few ‘excuse me’s, biker behind’.
    I was now about halfway in to the tunnel, there wasn’t anyone else around apart from me and this person. I splashed through another pothole, looked down to see how wet the footprints were (yep you guessed it) there were none! WTF?! Where had this person gone? There were no doors, no boats (in either direction) and no one else in the tunnel!
    I got the proper heebee jeebies and rode the rest of it as fast as i could!

Could someone offer an explanation to that?

muddydwarf
    Free Member

You’d made some poor bloke jump into the canal??? 😛

donsimon
    Free Member

Surely if the wetter footprints stopped (started) suddenly and got drier down the tunnel it would indicate that someone got out of the water and not fell in. 😕

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Ah, but the water was from the puddles was it not?

Perhaps the poor sod fell in, then got out and started walking backwards? 😛

Houns

Footprints were from the puddles and getting darker as i rode in. Water is only a few feet deep even muddydwarf could stand up in it and touch the bottom 😉

donsimon
    Free Member

It was a ghost then, clearly.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

I bet i couldn’t! 😆

Houns

Wasn’t. There must be some explanation….. Does anyone know the tunnels better than I? Are there any service doors that i could have not seen?

crikey
    Free Member

You have to be very naive to think that nothing paranormal exists

Or just rational.

Belief in some sort of life after death

Please.. I see more people die than just about anyone else on here, I’ve seen 2 this week already and I’ve still got another day to work, and I have never, ever, ever seen anything even remotely paranormal or weird or unexplainable.

If ghosts existed every Intensive Care Unit across the country would be so thick with them you wouldn’t even be able to sit down.

_tom_
    Free Member

By the same rational … I do think there is some merit in the posibility of telepathy. I.e. you’re brain being sensitive to another person’s brain waves and signals.

Yep.. watch “Through The Wormhole With Morgan Freeman” particularly the episode about 6th Senses. Really interesting stuff.

piha
    Free Member

Ghosts ya say….. 😀

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SruBtuae9S0[/video]

sturmey
    Free Member

The picture clearly shows a man standing sideways on behind the children, you are looking at his left side and he has his left arm up with his hand behind his head. If you look at the bottom of the stripped material you can clearly make out the bottom of his untucked shirt.

ahwiles
    Free Member

You have to be very naive to think that nothing paranormal exists and that absolutely everything can be explained away

just curious, how do we define ‘paranormal’…?

stuff that happens outside the laws of physics? – that by it’s very nature, can never be studied/tested/analysed.

or,

stuff that we just don’t understand yet?

codybrennan
    Free Member

Can’t explain this one.
    20+ years ago, living at my parents. My room was up in the attic.
    Winters evening. Got called down by my Mum, dinner was ready.
    Down I went, 3 flights of stairs to the ground. Left turn into the
    kitchen.

Except…as I reached the bottom of the stairs, I glanced to the left. There,
    at the living room door, I saw my Dad standing, looking into the living room, holding onto the door jamb.

Something about the way he was standing struck me at the time as very odd, somehow unusual and memorable. It was an odd pose, almost as if he was hanging onto the doorframe. But for some reason, I turned left, and into the kitchen.

Only to see my Dad sitting there, eating his dinner…turned to look at the living room door, no-one there now, of course!

I mention it to Mum and Dad- Dad looked clearly startled, Mum just laughed.

Fast forward a year or so. Very sadly, my middle brother, whom I was very close to in age, goes out one day on his motorbike and gets himself killed. Terrible, terrible thing. As is/was the tradition, the undertakers bring his body home in the coffin and ‘lay him out’ right there in the living room.They do a fine job, discreet and respectful, and when they’re done, they open the living room door and leave us to it.

Dad, head of the family, who I’m standing right behind, takes the first steps forward, but then I suppose the enormity of what he’s about to do- view his second-born’s corpse- must have hit home.He stalls outside the living room door,clutching the doorframe for support. But I know this already as I’ve seen it happen, and I know when now.

As I pass him standing there, about to lift the veil and see my brother, my best friend’s face, most of me is thinking “Oh holy ****, can I do this?” while a little bit of me is thinking “how about that? thats what that strange experience was all about!” But despite that distraction I still screamed my eyes out.

True story, of course, and I still can’t explain it. Can emotions travel through time?

busydog
    Free Member

+1 sturmey
    It looks like a guy standing sideways, with his arm extended over his head. If I were the woman and I didn’t recognize the guy in the picture—now that might be more worrisome than a ghost.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

I always find it very strange the way many people dismiss ghosts like those here. To me it would beequallynstrange if people dismissed badgers, for example. In almost every place i have lived I have seen ghosts, except for the years I was in London. To me they are so much a part of the environment. I’m no longer afraid of them, though I stay well away, I have no doubt they are caapable of hurting me if it took their fancy and I have no wish to provoke them I see them, maybe watch a while and move on. Then seeing and hearing folks deny their existence just leaves me in total confusion. How can folks deny something which so clearly exists??

ahwiles
    Free Member

that’s either a very subtle troll, or an honest post, i’ll give you the benefit of the doubt.

i can show you a badger sett, and if we sit quietly, i can show you badgers.

noone can do that with ghosts…

crikey
    Free Member

How can folks deny something which so clearly exists

Give over y’ daft monkey.

kcr
    Free Member
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 104 total)

The topic ‘Ghosts?’ is closed to new replies.