Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • ghost bikes?
  • chico
    Free Member

Friend is thinking about getting one to replace his dawg. any body got any experiances/ feed back. Hes looking at a full sus. xt group set. £1600 ish. cheers.

forge197
    Free Member

I have a Ghost AMR had it just under a year now it’s 120mm of travel and has been a reliable bike, bearings still in good shape it was ex-demo so had use before me too, replaced the bottom bracket. Nicely made rides well no complaints here and would buy another, handles nicely, predictable and comfortable to ride on a long day.

rewski
    Free Member

I thought you meant the ones chained on railings at busy road junctions.
    Lovely bikes, german made and good components.

moonboy
    Free Member

Bought a ghost AMR at the start of the summer.

Absolutely love it, ideal trail bike for just getting out there and riding up and down UK stuff. Pedals well rear suspension works great and the fit 32 on the 7500 is sooooo smooth up front. XT brakes are more than enough too.

Done all sorts on it from hacking about to tour de ben nevis. So far all ive done is had to replace the headset (that did get grindy really early) but apart from that its been a delight. Tis not my only bike so doesn’t get ridden every week but I still grin like a loon everytime I get on it.

Can you tell I like it?

All the kit/bearings barring the headset are holding up really well. Had a seal service done on the forks a couple of weeks ago because of fox paranoia, apparantly they were fine.

2011 good value right now in the sales.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘ghost bikes?’ is closed to new replies.