Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Ghetto Reverb Full Service Kit (Bodgetastic)
  • dee2hig
    Free Member

If, like me, you are too tight and/or too disorganised to manage to get your hands on the proper Reverb tools to set the IFP height and the oil height, here are a few home-bodged solutions that seemed to do the trick for me with a bit of trial and error, much swearing, cups of tea, and multiple rewinds of the SRAM/Rockshox YouTube vid:

To set the IFP height, I used an old spoke with markings at 30mm (equivalent of the ‘All Stealth’ marker on the proper tool) and 125mm for a 125mm stroke seatpost.

To get the oil height right (186.5mm for my seatpost), I used the 3mm bore plastic tube stolen out of a kitchen cleaner spray bottle – a brainwave from ‘er indoors – bodged onto a brake bleed syringe with a bit of short connector hose, heated over the stove. Mark it off at 186.5 mm, then use a clamp to hold it at that height. You use this to carefully suck the oil out of the centre tube of the seatpost to get exactly the right level in there….bit finicky, but possible.

Obviously be careful in cleaning out the syringes afterwards if you want to use them for mineral oil or DoT brake fluid…good cleaning out required with alcohol to avoid mixing these incompatible fluids.

Hope this might be useful to someone…

Rubber_Buccaneer

Good ideas, thread saved in my favourites for future reference

tillydog
    Free Member
    dee2hig
    Free Member

I had a good read through that tillydog – well impressed that the chap worked out the volumes inside and outside the IFP tube – chapeau. But it seemed easier to replicate the Reverb tools by bodge-magic. Both methods probably work…

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

Anyone found a supply of the split DU bush inside the reverb yet? I haven’t hit around to measuring one and trying to find it in the catalogue.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Ghetto Reverb Full Service Kit (Bodgetastic)’ is closed to new replies.