Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Getting rid of spare curtains?
  • stealthcat

Other than giving them to a charity shop, is there a good way to get rid of surplus curtains? We emptied a cupboard a week or so back and discovered we have about 5 spare pairs of curtains; they are all in good condition, and most of the local charity shops don’t seem to be interested. The ones that are prepared to take them aren’t charities I’m desperately keen to support…

Are there still “Curtain Exchange” type places which will sell second-hand curtains, or should I just advertise them on here as free to collect?

wonkey_donkey
    Free Member

freecycle?

jam-bo

gumtree.

globalti
    Free Member

Are they lined? People in chavvy neighbourhoods have unlined curtains – or that’s what my Mum told me anyway.

avdave2

I’m still using curtains from the 70’s as dust sheets.

RobHilton
    Free Member

In these austere times wouldn’t making some nice clothes from them be prudent?

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Why dont you make `em into matching outfits for you and your partner, maybe a pair of bell bottom pantaloons each or dungarees, you could then wear them whilst performing some protest mime outside the charity shops you arent too keen on supporting !

Drac

In these austere times wouldn’t making some nice clothes from them be prudent?

I wear your Granddad’s curtains, I look incredible.

RobHilton
    Free Member

The ones that are prepared to take them aren’t charities I’m desperately keen to support

How do you know? Surely you can’t have asked them if they’ll take them and then decided they’re not the charity for you?

d45yth
    Free Member

It’s known as vaginoplasty isn’t it? Any cosmetic surgeon should be able to sort it out.

EDIT: Oh sorry, I hadn’t read the rest of the post! 😛

Bunnyhop

Yes there are still curtain exchange places around. We have one near us (Stockport way).
    Also you could ring up the Salvation army or other large charities that deal in furnishing homes.

Or freecycle.

jon1973
    Free Member

If they’re red curtains you could put them over your shoulders and pretend to be Superman.

rossi46
    Free Member

Getting rid of spare curtains?

This 😆

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwaEPTSRcSw[/video]

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Getting rid of spare curtains?’ is closed to new replies.