Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • getting emotional over certain animals…
  • hungrymonkey
    Free Member

just seen stephen fry getting all emotional over seeing a video of a whaling boat in action.
    got me wondering, why do people get emotional over some animals but not others? same goes for cats and dogs, but who cries when they see a beef farm?

dunnae' make sense to me…

Kuco

Normally makes me hungry seeing a beef farm.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

ditto… and i'd not turn down dog either…

Kuco

Eating dog doesn't bother me, it's how they keep them does.

iDave
    Free Member

what does my head in is the endless anthropomorphism on TV – it's a lion, it's unlikely to be 'dreaming of it's next hunt'

Frankenstein
    Free Member

I feel sorry for people suffering.

donsimon
    Free Member

I can get emotional over a good steak. Mmmmmmmmm.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

what does my head in is the endless anthropomorphism on TV – it's a lion, it's unlikely to be 'dreaming of it's next hunt'

There's plenty of evidence that all mammals dream, so who's to say that lions do/don't dream of hunting?

Kuco

mmmmmm STEAK 😀

scaredypants

lions mostly dream of winning Masterchef, turning out a perfect souffle

then they wake up – "bugger: wildebeest AGAIN ?! 😡 "

speaker2animals

I like animals on the whole. BUT I really can't stand the soppy way people treat some animals though. There is a regular in one of my locals who makes a fuss of a dog that comes in the pub and buys it treats. The last time I was in and he was there he gave a dog some of his beer, out of his glass. He then proceeded to drink the rest himself! I could have smacked him and I am a coward/passifist (delete as appropriate). I think he did it to show how much he likes dogs. I was disgusted.

One of my friends won't go to the cinema to see a cartoon if there are animals in it in case it is sad! And I think I have some mental/emotional problems.

As said I'm all for good husbandry of our food animals but will always be an omnivore as long as meat is affordable/available.

ntreid
    Free Member

Erm…someone was being nice to a dog in a pub, and that made you angry?

Out of interest, do you have problems with your blood pressure?

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Haha, excellent. A dog once licked my face in the pub. I bet you'd like to punch it? My face, not the dog. Or perhaps both?

Sirlickalot
    Free Member

endless anthropomorphism?

Watching too many cartoons aren't you?

I can't understand why people get upset about the plight of people on the other side of the world. Not like there's a shortage of humans.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘getting emotional over certain animals…’ is closed to new replies.