Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Getting burned off by the offspring. Awesome day
  • thegeneralist
    Free Member

To be fair I did pull him up most of the first hill, and gave him a wee push on some of the other sections.
    And I’ve been off work for 2 of the last three weeks ill.
    So I’ve got my excuses.

But I was absolutely gobsmacked by no2 son today at Llandegla. We did the Red route (minus a bit of trail closure) and he was like a machine. I kept getting to the bottom/middle of climbs ready to push him only to find that he was already at the top honking away. He absolutely loved it and attacked everything. Heart in mouth moment near the end of the Red where there’s a little alternative line down a little rocky step to the right. He did it no bother.

Then into the skills park. Down the number one dropoffs then down the 2s and up the 1s. Then he tried the 3s as well, silly fool. Then the berms then the north shore.

Then over to the pump track for a few laps then onto the freeride area which he tried 8 months ago and comprehensively failed on.

We did 3 or 4 laps of that including the north shore once.
    [video]http://vimeo.com/48729213[/video]
    Not my video, but shows the trail well. He’d tried it before but bottled it as it gets quite twisty and narrow. I followed him along expecting him to stop at any moment. But he just kept going, up down round etc etc. By the penultimate turn my nerves were to absolute shit and I had to take a dab. By this time he had completed that section clean and was off to look at the bridge section and drop offs.

I’m sure I could do it clean given another attempt, but to take first dab in front of the kid was quite something. I was sooo chuffed with him. Really looking forward to next weekend now. Hmmm Hamsterley, Grisedale again. Or maybe MBR or something.

matt_outandabout

Kids on bikes rock.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

My youngest is loads quicker than me on the descents & not bad on the climbs either.

I say ‘youngest’, he’s 28.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I remember the first time I did Llandegla.

Cutting past a que of riders faffing at the entrance to some of the north shore (B-line) then clocking the roll in that I was now well and truly committed to and going way too fast to be comfortable, somehow just got the front wheel up, landed horribly, felt the back end flapping about searching for the ground, then whooomppppffff we’re landed!

Think I actually got a round of applause!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Getting burned off by the offspring. Awesome day’ is closed to new replies.