Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Getting barred from places – what's the law?
  • KennySenior
    Free Member

A hypothetical question (at the moment 🙂 ), but suppose you had fallen out with the owner or manager of a sports centre, over something unrelated to that place, and they barred you primarily out of spite, is there anything you can do? I'm assuming not, and that if they say you're not welcome you're then effectively trespassing. Any thoughts?

druidh
    Free Member

Claim that you're black / gay / muslim and that you're being discriminated against?

BigJohn

If you stopped playing that bloody saxophone, he might stop getting mad at you, Mr G.

Obi_Twa
    Free Member

is there anything you can do?

Take it like a man, and not act like a child.

hilldodger
    Free Member

Own with bombers,
    wee in shoes,
    start a facebook page…

roper
    Free Member

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Private or council Sports Centre?

KennySenior
    Free Member

Private

MSP

If its a council sports centre you could complain to his bosses, it would basicly be an abuse of power, its not his sports centre it belongs to the public.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I'd say it's up to who owns the business, and as it's private, you are stuffed.

MSP

oh too slow, damm these big banana fingers

KennySenior
    Free Member

Thought so.

MSP

Even a private one could be worth complaining up the ladder, they may not be happy with him barring fee paying customers because of personal grudges. Depends how highly they regard him, they may already have him marked down as a prat.

BigJohn

Have you already paid up front?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I doubt paying up front would make a difference – there will be something in the contract to say that they reserve the right etc etc, no refund of fees etc etc.

KennySenior
    Free Member

A nominal membership fee for the year, then discounted entry each time.

leggyblonde
    Free Member

open a gym for losers then beat him and his gym in the final of a dodgeball competition

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

open a gym for losers then beat him and his gym in the final of a dodgeball competition

LOL! Like it.

yossarian
    Free Member

i got barred from a pub, before midday, on my wedding day.

I'm quite proud of that 😀

Junkyard
    Free Member

was your wife the landlady?

BigDummy
    Free Member

[chuckling at leggyblonde] 🙂

john_drummer
    Free Member

"the establishment reserves the right to refuse entry" or something. You're stuffed 😉

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Getting barred from places – what's the law?’ is closed to new replies.