Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Getting back on the saddle
  • covestiff2016
    Free Member

Hi guys
    Had a break for bike for a good 2 years down to various reason anyway I’m wanting to make a start at going out again… I ride a MTB mainly road but some offroad at times.
    What is a suitable foot wear to wear and looking for a good jacket when windy and wet.
    Also what do people were shorts or trousers?
    Thanks
    Tom

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Hi Tom,

I’ve been off any proper biking for a good 18 months on consultant’s instructions (owing to stubborn soft-tissue injuries )

Drove me near mad but patience is paying off and I just did my little Malvern Hills loop twice in last two days. 50/50 road and trail. I get by on Endura Humvee shorts without the padded liner. Never wear anything else. Flat pedals and any rubber-soled shoes unless they have mega-chunky tread. Currently Lidl waterproof walking shoes are doing the job but used to use Sombrio Shazams.

T-shirt with long-sleeve microfleece zipper jersey in Camelbak if it gets chilly. If I get wet I get wet. Kind of thing. I prefer wet to boil-in-the bag effect.

Enjoy riding, most of all 🙂

covestiff2016
    Free Member

Hi that’s some great advice cheers…. Yeah I’m expecting it to be a pain to start with.
    Do you ride everyday ?

Thanks
    Tom

Saccades
    Free Member

Look at Polaris gear, some amazing jackets in the sale ATM.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Do you ride everyday ?

Normally, in some form or another and when in good enough health/repair. Just promised self to do a little trail riding daily, but I also enjoy night riding on the roads/back lanes. Even make excuses to do late night shops on the utility bike and then take the long loop home 8)

rOcKeTdOg

owing to stubborn soft-tissue injuries )

I get by on Endura Humvee shorts without the padded liner. Never wear anything else

Latter probably causes irritation to the former

covestiff2016
    Free Member

I want to start going out daily even if its for a small ride. Yeah i to quite enjoy night riding its good.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Latter probably causes irritation to the former

Different injury! 😛 It’s like an inguinal hernia, but worse in a way as surgery can’t fix it. Undercarriage luckily mostly unaffected and I find that a Specialzed BG saddle leaves soft-parts free of saddle-aggro. I found that the right saddle is all you need unless doing regular centuries/multi-day tours

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Getting back on the saddle’ is closed to new replies.