Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Getting an article published.
  • sharki
    Free Member

Recent experiences in my present village, i've managed to link it metaphorically too local folklore/legends..

I wish to attempt to get it published but unsure where too…

Although based around a somerset legend it relates to every community across the country and probably the world, it ties the evilness that humans can show, to an evil that once was(folklore).

I try to live a quite placid life, but all around me there seems to be hate, anger and greed.

This article is aimed directly to those, who are innocently being horrid and intentionally nasty and not so much to those who are damn right cruel and dishonest, as i believe words alone won't change them and won't sink in as being aimed at them…

Sent to a local rag as a rant in a postbag section, hmmm, just short and sweet.

As a bigger article in the same local press.

Bigger picture, mainstream press.

A more niche mag, but not sure other than bike mags there are out there.

Thoughts and opinions please.

In brief, it's metaphorically tying Dragons too bored Gossipers and linking them to the havoc and harm they both cause.

Who_else
    Free Member

Learn to spell to.

midlifecrashes

Learn to spell to.

Genius! Regional press would be the obvious choice. Spelling will get sorted on the way to the presses somehow.

zokes
    Free Member

PMSL at the irony of 'Who_else's' post…

Who_else
    Free Member

Zokes – if you are laughing at it you should probably learn to spell to too. Or to put it another way: Learn to spell too and learn to spell to are two equally acceptable phrases.

midlifecrashes – don't count on an article being copy-edited before going to press.

Or to put it another way: learn to spell too and learn to spell to are two equally acceptable phrases.

sharki
    Free Member

Indeed, i too find it funny..

You think i'd waste time in making a post on here grammatically correct, now we need to try and give those with all the answers to everything something to comment on.
    So thank me for fueling your evenings weak entertainment.

I've a proof reading mate who i'm sure will take time out from his already busy schedule to sort through my writing ineptitude.

zokes
    Free Member

Point out my spelling mistake please…

(I think you'll find the two 'apostrophes' at each end of your name are quotation marks) HTH

chakaping
    Free Member

PMSL at the irony of 'Who_else's' post…

I think he meant to say: Learn to spell "to".

Sharki – Find out if you have any county magazines or periodicals. There are quite a few of these. I used to do some work for my local one.

Otherwise think about the web as a first step: local websites or submit it to a blog.

Who_else
    Free Member

Zokes. See above.

zokes
    Free Member

I think he meant to say: Learn to spell "to".

Well, why didn't he say that then? 🙄

Who_else
    Free Member

chapaking – same meaning.

Zokes – never try and out clever a smart arse.

zokes
    Free Member

Zokes – never try and out clever a smart arse.

More irony?

sharki
    Free Member

chapaking, Thanks, we have 'somerset life' but the link to Dragons is the only real somerset tie, everything else relates to many people.

It's alread been suggested to me to write things for 'somerset life' about my time on the hills..

Also to build a website, and write Blogs based on my thoughts and observations…i guess in truth i just want to have a dig at the locals here and let them see the damage they do without ever taking the flack or feeling guilt.

Who_else
    Free Member

Zokes, old buddy, old pal go and learn the meaning of irony. Although maybe you shouldn't as you probably know everything already.

See what I did there?

sharki
    Free Member

Who_else, clear off my thread you're unhelpful and creating a pointless string of irrelevant drivel relating to my OT.

If you get a Mail from the mods it's because i reported you for being a Dumbass

Who_else
    Free Member

Sharki. You are a jolly nice chap. You will also, later down the line, find that my advice is the best in this thread so far. I have a few years experience in the publishing field.

sharki
    Free Member

Yet none on the tactical way of conversing with others.

A much better and more positive comment would of been, "Punctuation and grammar is also very important, from personal experience, many publishers do not proof read articles sent to them."

This method avoids a sensitive bad spellers from getting offended, ridiculed, etc and prevents me from attempting to come across intelligent and belittling.

With love and kisses,
    Sharki xx

Who_else
    Free Member

Learning to write coherent sentences would help too.

Here's a novel idea for you. Why not Google it? You'll find far more helpful information on there that you will ever find on here. Seriously though, brush up on the spelling and grammar.

sharki
    Free Member

Finally a bit of constructive advice.

However, my question was where should i look at getting it published and NOT can i spell or construct sentances, if not where can i find out how too.

finbar
    Free Member
    zokes
    Free Member

I think we have a Smee-shaped troll in our midst…

saladdodger
    Free Member

Sharki

Lets see what you are up to I am interested.

Do not rise to the bait of the above numpties 🙄 just do it

alpin
    Free Member

who_else is a mug.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Learn to spell to.

should have read: Learn to spell 'to'

first line: "i've managed to link it metaphorically too local folklore/legends.."

Philby

What about the Western Daily Press which covers much of the northern part of the South West?

sharki
    Free Member

WDP is a likely target.

But will get it down and put it too a few friends(SD) to read through it first off.

I've only done a couple of drafts so far, i have a few ideas on how to construct it, but insure yet how long to make it…

No rush as the Legends will always be there as will the local dragons..

saladdodger
    Free Member

Yah I see a plan comming together

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Getting an article published.’ is closed to new replies.