Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Getting an Android phone and Outlook to sync calendars?
  • spooky_b329

I just went to set this up (easy I thought) but no, I missed the boat by two days! Google have just stopped users from downloading their official app that will sync you phone and Outlook via Google calendar.

So are there any recommended methods/options? I would prefer it to update via Wifi/data than USB as I rarely connect the phone via USB. I went to try a couple of apps but would rather get recommendations before potentially allowing the contents of my calendar and inbox to an unknown person!

mark90
    Free Member

Try getting hold of the app .apk and manually loading it if the google app is the one you want/know works.

Can’t offer any advice on other apps/methods as I don’t sync my ‘droid with outlook.

Coyote
    Free Member

Exchange Activesync?

xiphon
    Free Member

If you’re prepared to pay a little per month, the Google Sync app works well, with their business package.

We use it at work – Google backend, Outlook front end, iPhones/Androids/Blackberry mobiles. All email, contacts, tasks and calendars are sync’d.

EDIT: Sorry, I think my idea was a little off the mark – so used to GMail being the email backend, I forgot about Exch!

spooky_b329

Thanks guys, I suspected there wasn’t going to be an obvious solution! Never used the Google app but it appeared to be the only ‘easy’ solution. I don’t have Outlook exchange on my home broadband.

steveoath
    Free Member
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Getting an Android phone and Outlook to sync calendars?’ is closed to new replies.