Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • getting album artwork for iTunes without an iStore account?
  • swoosh
    Free Member

is it possible? If so, how? I don’t fancy searching the internet for about 100 albums but i do think it would be nice to have all the front covers for my albums i’ve copied onto the PC.

any advice would be great.

Thanks in advance

aP
    Free Member

you could just get the images off amazon and import them, if you’ve got some spare time………….

tomdebruin
    Free Member

why not just set up an itunes account? you don’t have to buy anything and you’ll get all the artwork you want.

saladdodger
    Free Member

ditto cut and paste from amazon

GrahamS

Umm.. yeah, why not just have an iTunes account?

Anyway, I use an add-on for iTunes called TuneUp which does an excellent job of getting the right artwork and meta-data for my files.

It finds all my obscure stuff that iTunes doesn’t have a clue about.

It can also do stuff like scan your entire collection and produce a playlist of all songs that have incomplete meta-data on them so you can fix them.

saladdodger
    Free Member

The reason I did not get a Itunes account is because they wanted my credit card details to join

No Way

swoosh
    Free Member

exactly saladdodger, that is why i dont want one either. If it was just a matter of signing up then i’d do it, but they want my card details. why would i do that, especially as i wont ever buy anything from there!

chvck
    Free Member

I think that there is an application somewhere that will get the artwork from amazon for all your music, do some googling for “artwork grabber” or similar and it should pop up. There used to be an app that did the same but with the itunes store, however apple got wise to it and changed some stuff so that it no longer works – Josh’s Itunes art grabber or something like that

GrahamS

Okay, somewhat paranoid IMO, but you might want to read:

Apple Support: Create an iTunes App Store account without a credit card

swoosh
    Free Member

GrahamS, i might be paranoid but you are a genius! Thanks

avdave2

Google image search has always got me what I want.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘getting album artwork for iTunes without an iStore account?’ is closed to new replies.