• This topic has 121 replies, 52 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Mark.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 122 total)
  • Get ready; it’s a RudeBoy rant…..
  • BigDummy
    Free Member

Is “bend over Sugartits” really a german word? 😯

trailmonkey

epic tag win

mcboo
    Free Member

“Schadenfreude – largely unanticipated delight in the suffering of another which is cognized as trivial and/or appropriate”

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Oh dear. It appears the heat is affecting people’s ability to think propply (even mine, but I’m ill).

BigDummy; you post lots of words, but you don’t really say much, do you? Careful; one day, you might actually express your own independent onion…

Your analogy refers to something you might do through choice; CT is something you have no choice over.

Justice for brahyn people was the key policy of the Rude Manifesto

You are being particularly dense today, arent you? The Rudifesto calls for equality for people of all colours, races, creeds, etc. Not exclusive to brahyn people.

Right. For the hard of thinking:

4 people live in a house. The council tax is say £1000 per year. Ok so.

With things being equal, and all tenants being equally liable, this would work out as £250 a year each, right? I mean, i know they are jointly liable, and they could, if they wanted, sort out a different amount per person, but split 4 ways would seem fair, no?

Ok. So, Imagine 2 of those people are exempt, due to being a student, or working for the French Embassy (Embassy staff are exempt from paying taxes in the UK, apparently). This now means the £1000 is payable by only 2 people, say £500 each. Hmm. So, the student and the French Embassy (note, French Embassy, people…) worker get their bins emptied for free, or rather, are being subsidised by the other two who are fully liable.

Now if these 4 people were a family, this would surely be an acceptable situation. But, as these particular 4 people in question have no links between each other, does it not now seem a little unfair that 2 are paying for 4? And what if a 3rd person decided to become a student? That would leave the 4th person paying £750 a year (single person’s allowance)!

What I am suggesting, is a provision for such circumstances.

IE; if a house is occupied by people with no family link to one another, then each person should pay only their ‘share’.

Council tax is worked out on the basis that it’s one charge per household, based on the value of the house. This means that the two of us were paying more, than if we were sharing a 2 bedroom place.

Still with me?

In large cities, it makes economic sense for people to share, speshly if they are of low income.

The current system makes paying Council Tax a struggle for many low-paid people, and places a greater financial burden upon them. And what do people do, when hey are palced under stressful financial burdens? That’s right; they tend o entertain thoughts of fiddling the system.

I’ve seen places where there’s only one person on the CT liability form, yet there are several living there, who are eligible to pay. And they one person is a student…

Starting to make sense, now?

I would be inertested to hear arguments against my proposal. Personally, although I am not claiming it to be perfect, I do believe it would be fairer on the individual than the current system.

BoardinBob

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Since you were never personally served papers for the hearing/judgement on the claim – then you may well be able to get the judgement set aside for a rehearing – you might still have to pay but it should clear the bailiff fees.

Time for a trip to the CAB!

BigDummy
    Free Member

Living in a house with students and diplomats was something you had no choice over? That was bad luck, sugartits.

There is nothing particualrly rational about the current system, but it is fairly straightforward. The whole problem could have been avoided by you paying the tax that you were jointly liable for, and then recovering your flatmate’s share from her yourself. Or, we could have a per capita charge levied on everyone which every individual was personally liable to pay. 🙂

RudeBoy
    Free Member

mcboo – Member
    Rudeboy on supporting LBS

What’s that got to do with this? FAIL.

All right; forget it’s RudeBoy. Imagine you are in this position.

There, easy to laugh at others, eh?

Oh, and the bailiff’s are out of the equation. They haddunt given me any prior notice, or reasonable opportunity to pay.

And there may be shortly a warrant issued for the arrest of the my old flatmate!

The agreement between us, to pay our equal share that we were liable for, is also legally binding. I’ve been told I have a good claim against the cow.

If we can find her…

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

I had loads of sympathy for you until I saw all the stupid pictures you were posting. Then I thought you just came over as a bit of an idiot and so I chuckled at your downfall.

No hard feelings or anything.

nickc

Your beef isn’t with the system, your beef is with the Spanish girl who left you in this mess. It’s not the councils fault that you lot didn’t sort this out properly when you all lived together.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Living in a house with students and diplomats was something you had no choice over? That was bad luck, sugartits

One became a student after I’d moved in, and the Embassy worker moved in after me. Oh, and the layndlord selected who moved in, anyway. So no, I had no choice over that.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Indeed. You have a claim against her and owe the council.

You use a lot of words but know very little, don’t you. Careful, or one day you might write a fact first time around. 😉

cranberry
    Free Member

Should be per individual

That’s what Maggie said.

MrAgreeable

Don’t mean to kick him when he’s down, but this is the bloke who starts a thread moaning about the cold, then a month or so later starts another one moaning about his heating bill. Really, sometimes “serves you right” is the only logical response. 🙄

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Your beef isn’t with the system, your beef is with the Spanish girl who left you in this mess.

It’s with both. If the system was in the form I propose, then I woon’t be in this mess.

I have her addy in Spain. and my tentacles reach into the furthest flung corners of the Globe…

With a warrant for her arrest issued, if she is abroad, she won’t be able to enter the UK without being arrested. 😀

S’a bit ‘ot, innit?

Anyone want an ice-lolly?

mt
    Free Member

I do find RB’s insistance that race be brought into his law breaking. Why keep mentioning that someone was French? Very poor from form for a man of the people.

BigDummy
    Free Member

For what is a warrant for her arrest being issued, out of genuine curiosity?

mt
    Free Member

Now the spanish lass is a cow. Not what I’d expect from a man with ideas to rule the world (fairly).

RudeBoy
    Free Member

That’s what Maggie said.

No; the Community Charge was the same per person. If you bothered to read owt propply, you’d see I’m suggesting an individual amount payable according to how many lived at an address.

EG; £1000/4 = £250 each. £1000/5= £200 each. Geddit?

Thatcher: £250 per head; so: 4 people = £1000. 5 people = £1250. Etc.

It is a thankless task, to try and bring light to those in darkness, but a sacrifice I feel it is my duty to make…

RudeBoy
    Free Member

For what is a warrant for her arrest being issued, out of genuine curiosity?

Er, you’re the lawyer, allegedly! 😉

(It’s not for the illegal cultivation of Brussel Sprouts on a motorway verge; or possession of a book on Byzantine art with intent to Tuesday, in case you were thinking along those lines)

trailmonkey

Lefty turns Tory when faced with bill. Who’d have thought it ?

mt
    Free Member

They all turn Right in the end. It’s when the common sense kicks in.

cranberry
    Free Member

The Lady this afternoon ( with her good arm ):

Rude, ahh ahh, ahhh Boy, www, aaahhh, waaants, aaahh , aaghhhh, Poll, aahh ahhhhh Taaaaaaaaggggghhhhhhhhhx.

“Oh, now I feel a little bit dirty”.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Brilliant thread.

You’d think he’d give up but he never does.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Lefty turns Tory when faced with bill. Who’d have thought it ?

Where?

Sorry, I thought the Tory Tax was about screwing as much money out of people as possible. I’m on about individuals paying their fair share.

Task for you all!

Go and have a read up on the Community Charge. Find figures for Labour and Tory areas. Then come and discuss.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

You’d think he’d give up but he never does.

You fool! Me? Give up? 😯

😀

aracer
    Free Member

I’m on about individuals paying their fair share.

That’s exactly what Community Charge is…

Go and have a read up on the Community Charge. Find figures for Labour and Tory areas.

So the fact the Labour councils were wasting more per head is a reason against equal distribution of cost?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

I would be inertested to hear arguments against my proposal.

Still waiting for an answer to that, btw… 🙄

BigDummy
    Free Member

Just for inertest, if it izzent obvionion…

The main argument against your proposal is that it would make it harder for councils to gather the money they need to pay for services.

They have you by the balls, and can enforce the entire debt against you. The other person who was liable has gone to Spayne. So, by pressuring you, they are going to get all the money. Under your proposal, they would have to write half of it off because the enforcement costs are too high.

The effect of the current basis of joint and several liability for the household’s tax bill is that they get more council tax.

Apparently, council tax is a good thing. It pays for social goods such as libraries, large print leaflets about gay fostering in Urdu, and banning Christmas. If you’ve decided paying tax is a rotten idea, please let us know so we can stop paying it as well. 🙂

trailmonkey

It’s not fair. Everyone should pay their way.

I’m on about individuals paying their fair share.

Why should I pay for everyone.

And the CT system is flawed,………….. Should be per individual, unless you are a ‘family’

Hang on, this is going to cost me and I look like a Tory. Let’s forget about individuals and make it payable per household

I’m suggesting an individual amount payable according to how many lived at an address.

EG; £1000/4 = £250 each. £1000/5= £200 each. Geddit?

U-turn win, credibility fail.

Philby

This may give you some useful info:

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/index/life/tax/council_tax.htm

and get yourself down to the CAB rather than spend all your time ranting on here!

IanMunro
    Free Member

It’s times like this that I wish Michael was still alive.
    He’d know what to do.

Drac

All you need now is the TV Licence to catch up with you.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

What are you on about, TM? ❓

The main argument against your proposal is that it would make it harder for councils to gather the money they need to pay for services.

Erm, but they might have more who are willing to pay a lesser amount, so your argument is negated.

The Community Charge failed, because it was unfair.

What I am proposing is not the Cummunity Charge. It’s fundementally different.

All you need now is the TV Licence to catch up with you.

They’ve been and gone. I’m clean! 😀

BigDummy
    Free Member

Ah yes. I had forgotten that paying for a TV license was good enough for the many, but not good enough for the Rude. 🙂

RudeBoy
    Free Member

BTW; it is so nice, that so many of you must pay so much attention to my posts, to be able to remeber stuff even I’ve forgotten!

Shows my words stick inside your minds. I am flattered that I have such an influence on you all. Most of youse, I can’t remember what insignificant cobblers you come up with from one day to another.

Thank you for your unwavering support. God Bless you all!

(Signed postcards will be available for just £9.99 inc £4.99 p+p)

BigDummy
    Free Member

I am not talking about willingness to pay a given amount, I am talking about the ability to force people to pay. They will successfully force you to pay. Result. Under your proposal they couldn’t, and would lose the money.

This is not about rates/levels. It is about effective enforcement.

Drac

It’s not we remember it’s just you spurt the same shite day in day out.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Drac; maybe a little lie down will help…

BD; as a lawyer, you’ll no doubt be aware of the long queues, at yer average Magistrates’ Courts, for the Council tax fines bit.

Care to hazard a guess how much it costs, to try and recoup the moneys from those what jolly well have not paid?

And people like my old flatmate; faced with a large amount of CT, she appears to have fled the country. What if she’d been the only person liable? They’d get nothing at all.

Not a bad effort, mate, and better than most of the Vogons on here, but Could Do Better.

Drac

Drac; maybe a little lie down will help…

Can’t see why that would stop you posting shite but give it ago if you want.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 122 total)

The topic ‘Get ready; it’s a RudeBoy rant…..’ is closed to new replies.