Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Genuine thank you to a complete stranger
  • andygreener

I just wanted to say there are some very, very decent people out there. Didn’t even notice I dropped my wallet earlier in a mcdonalds car park. Only to find it dropped at my fathers house later with everything still in it. Thank you to whoever you may be. In Bristol.

wrightyson
    Free Member

My buddy who I ride with mentioned he was out looking at the end of his drive for someone visiting last weekend. Q roadie dropping off the a6 and hitting the hill to crich. Big pedals and chain snapped. Mate said, now then lad we can fix that blah blah. Could’ve just ignored him and waited for said visitor. Nope, fixed him up and sent him on his way. Still good folk out there..

wiggles
    Free Member

I once found someone’s purse on the way the school when I was about 9, handed it in at school, next day in assembly they mentioned it and said it had been returned to the owner and they had given a £10 voucher as a reward for the person that found it… then proceeded to present this to the girl who just happened to be standing next to me when I handed it in at the office and had nothing to do with the purse.

That was the day I lost my faith and in the world being a fair and just place…

Northwind

That was me!

(it wasn’t me)

muddydwarf
    Free Member

When i was a young scout i found a wallet in a changing room at the outdoor swimming pool in Cark-in-Cartmel. Had £140 in it which was a fair chunk of cash back in 1980.
    Handed it in, then the bloke turned up all flustered – took his wallet without a word of thanks or even a glance at me.

Should have kept it & spent it on Action Man kit…

takisawa2

I saw a cat get run over once, by my flat.
    Had no name tag, just a collar.
    So, I buried him down a nice lane I used to walk the dog down, & put an ad in the local shop window & the vets.
    Few weeks later someone phoned & described the poor departed feline.
    They were amazed that someone would go to so much trouble.
    The following week they left flowers at the spot I marked with a Ribbon.
    I’m too soft for this world.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

During a Polaris event around Bakewell a few years ago I found a purse in the middle of the road, it was full of money so I kept it all. 😈

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Genuine thank you to a complete stranger’ is closed to new replies.