Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Genisis Altitude Size
  • timberjack
    Free Member

I am going to buy a Genesis Altitude 30 , but i dont know which size to buy, 19" or 20.5",I am 6 foot tall and I currently ride a stumpjumper FSR which is a large and a Giant Xtc( although just found out its 19") which is a large. I have been out today riding my mates P7, to see if i liked steel and it was a 19" and i've got to say i loved it and it felt alright size wise, he reckons its plenty big enough and he also says your better off with a smaller bike, just wondered what the general consenus is on this

AlasdairMc

go for the 19". The large in a Stumpy is 19", I ride an Enduro that's the same and am also 6' tall.

That said, I'm looking at the Genesis Altitude 10 myself and am considering the 17.5" so it's nice and compact.

Compare geometry on both sites so you can work out which one will suit you better.

mboy
    Free Member

I'm 5ft 10 1/2 and ride a 17.5" Genesis Altitude. I could ride a 19" happily I suspect, but I prefer a slightly more compact bike with a bit more clearance for my nether regions if you get me! There's only about 15mm in the top tube lengths I think so it's not much.

At 6ft, I wouldn't even look at the 20.5", I think it'd be too big for sure…

timberjack
    Free Member

Thanks for the advice chaps, it looks like it will be the 19"

Keva
    Free Member

I'm tempted to get one of these too, the Ti. Does anyone know if they do frame only ?

Kev

timberjack
    Free Member

I have got the 2010 brochure and you can get the frame only, it is £1099.99

Jason
    Free Member

At 6 foot a 19" frame will be perfect. I am 6 foot and have a 19" Altitude 20, I really wouldn't want a smaller or larger frame.

paulr
    Free Member

I have a 19" 2009 Altitude 20 that I'm selling.
    I'm 6'2" with short legs (and long arms) and it's a little bit too short in the top tube. It's a lovely bike, but I need something a bit bigger.

Message me for more details.

Paul

jumping_flea
    Free Member

I'm 6'4 and riding a 20.5 altitude 10
    They do have a compact geometry as mentioned above. I find that with my size (35inch inside leg also) the 20.5 is well chuckable but I am considering a layback post to make long rides more comfy.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Genisis Altitude Size’ is closed to new replies.