Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Genesis High Latitude lt or Orange Crush
  • glasuni03
    Free Member

Guys, you will have seen my post over Christmas regarding bikes.

Narrowed down to Genesis High Latitude LT 2014 and Orange Crush 2015. Sat on the Crush and although quite low feels nice. Genesis only sat on the longitude and too is nice.

So here goes just before I pull the trigger … Genesis or Orange?

http://www.tredz.co.uk/.Genesis-High-Latitude-LT-Mountain-Bike-2014-Hardtail-Race-MTB_67497.htm
    https://www.orangebikes.co.uk/bikes/crush-am

Thanks guys

chestrockwell

I’d go Crush as it’s got the same geometry as the 5 and I like 5’s.

superstu
    Free Member

Quite different bikes imho. I’d go genesis as I feel it’s more versatile for the riding I’d do.

allymcmurdo
    Free Member

I’ve been on a 17″ 2014 Crush for just over a year and I think it’s superb. It’s used for everything, Brechfa and Afan trails, local bimbles, child seat toddler duties etc. Mine came with Avid Elixir brakes which were shite, so got swapped for XTs and went 2×10 w/bash but it appears all that is sorted for the 2015 model. Wish the revelations were available for my model but it was Fox 32s or Sektors.
    My only gripe was I hated the colour of mine so it’s getting stripped this week and sent to Orange for a repaint.
    It’s running 780mm bars and a 35mm stem, and the handling is great both up and down. Can’t recommend it enough.

mattjg
    Free Member

Haven’t looked at the geos but as for the materials for a hardtail I’d pick steel over aluminium any day unless you’re riding flat all weather trails.

glasuni03
    Free Member

Thank for all the feedback. Orange Crush has been ordered and should be here by the end of January. Interestingly how much for a full re spray?

allymcmurdo
    Free Member

Orange charge £150 for a hardtail respray and postage back to you.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Genesis High Latitude lt or Orange Crush’ is closed to new replies.