Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Genesis Alpitude vs. Orange P7
  • HeathenWoods
    Free Member

Anyone got direct experience of both? Similarities? Differences? Is there much in it?

EDIT: Just remembered there was an Alpitude on long term test in the mag wasn't there? Better dig out the back issues…

TonyL
    Free Member

I have an Alptitude which I use for erm "work" in Lee and Cragg Quarry. Trail inspections etc. Its really is a very good bike climbs really well and goes down hill really well, fun on the pumptrack too (not that I can pump very well yet). Seems to be a good well sorted bike ideal for the rocky, bermy techy stuff I needed it for. I have been on a giant vt for the past few years so wasn't sure about going back to a hardtail but I'm glad I have, its lots of fun.

Can't fault the Alpitude really (apart from white grips and sadle?)not light but you don't really notice the weight when riding it. Not riden a P7 but know a couple of people who have them and they seem more than happy with them as well.

Sounds like you need a test ride!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Have you looked at Whyte? Awesome frames…

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

Cheers TonyL. I quite like the idea of the Alpitude and from what you say it would be spot on.

Hmm.

Alpitude: Tick all the boxes and would be getting the frame only and so white grips/saddle wouldn't detract from my riding skillz 😉
    P7: Always fancied an Orange but have only ever had the wrong one for me (E8).

Whyte: The 631 19 looks lovely but would push costs beyond the safety limits of my current budget*

*ie. my missus would have my nads in a sling.

mundiesmiester
    Free Member

Had an alpitude for 3 months, great riding bike that pedalled surprisingly well considering it really came together when pointed down BUT the build quality was shocking- really brittle paint, decals fitted by Stevie Wonders Taipei fan club and after two wet rides started to drip rust everywhere.

Had a P7 which again was a great frame which was more suited to classic up and down singletrack and had a better all day compliance to it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Genesis Alpitude vs. Orange P7’ is closed to new replies.