Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • General sparky Q – specifically washing machine…
  • munkster
    Free Member

The mother-in-law has roped me into fitting her replacement washing machine. Basic question is: is it for any reason inherently a bad idea to remove the plug that comes attached to the washing machine and replace it with a new third-party one assuming I put the same rated fuse in?

It’s basically for a boring (fairly unavoidable unless I attempt kitchen cabinet surgery which she’s not keen on) reason in order to be able to just replace old-for-new machines directly.

TIA for any help.

cynic-al
    Free Member

A plug is just a way of connecting it, I can’t see any issues.

Cougar

Only issue I can see is if you’re a ham-fisted doof who can’t wire a plug safely.

munkster
    Free Member

Thanks for the vote of confidence mate 😉

Reckon I can handle wiring a plug – you just sellotape the wires to the outside of the case right??

(Thanks both)

TuckerUK
    Free Member

It might be easier (and free) to detach the other end of the lead where it secures to the terminals in the washing machine, feed cable through hole, and reconnect.

Cougar

Ah, I wasn’t suggesting you were, just that that’s the only issue I can see.

munkster
    Free Member

Ah, I wasn’t suggesting you were, just that that’s the only issue I can see.

You never know – I *am* asking for electrical help on a cycling forum after all 😯

Thanks again, and Tucker – that sounds like an interesting option, will see if that fills me with any confidence when I see the new machine.

wrightyson
    Free Member

I remember as a kid several (rarely used) appliances in our house that were missing plugs, old man used to line the wires up and shove a plug in over the top of them!! 😯

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘General sparky Q – specifically washing machine…’ is closed to new replies.