Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • General anaesthetic experiences
  • bryan-g-

I had an GA for the snip, came round first thing I did was lift the covers to have a look. They took me to recovery and I walked out the door 40 minutes later feeling fine. I did have a conversation on the ferry on the way home and don’t remember a word of it.

Flaperon

Had 3, enjoyed the experience.

However, do not – I repeat, DO NOT – make phone calls immediately after waking up. You might think you’re making sense but I have it on good authority that you’re actually speaking complete bollocks.

itstig

Don’t browse cycling websites while still under the influence. I have some on one carbon monocoque 29er forks I pre ordered and bought. Seemed like a good idea at the time, they are still boxed up 5 months later!!

mrchrispy

They knocked me out while they gave me the snip (don’t ask, it was offered and I more than happy not to be awake for it). Woke up feeling I’d had the best nights sleep ever, felt fine.

ononeorange

Last one a couple of years back for ankle surgery made me feel nauseous as hell (I had a couple of hours’ taxi ride home once I’d come round – a word of advice, just don’t, it was the longest journey ever), and got my next one the week after next. This time it’ll just be a half hour ride home. I’m not looking forward.

tuffty
    Free Member

Ga for a hernia op, amazing feeling as you go off. Woke up knowing nothing and feeling like I’d just had the best sleep ever. Apparently I woke up talking absolute rubbish 🙂

stewartc
    Free Member

Had two (Foot and nose ops) and in both cases I was out within 30 seconds of the jab and then came around slightly groggy but fine within 2-3 minutes.
    Like others I enjoyed it and felt like I had had the best nights sleep ever.

noteeth
    Free Member

I distinctly remember counting backwards down from ten – I got to seven.

turbo1397
    Free Member

just had one on thursday for a hernia opp..took me a couple of hours to properly come round then felt a bit shitty for the next 24hrs.. just a bit nausious.. Been living in a tramadol haze for the last few days 8)

large418
    Free Member

Had a few, but the most recent was for a hernia op in November. Woke up next to a lovely brunette nurse, who I started talking to and had to stop as for a minute or so was talking like I’d had 10 pints. After a minute was fine and was chatting to the nurse who apparently lives just down the road from me and knows a few of the people I know, and is divorced. Thinking of going back for another op soon, just not sure what to have done yet.

noteeth
    Free Member

Thinking of going back for another op soon, just not sure what to have done yet

😀

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘General anaesthetic experiences’ is closed to new replies.