Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Gee's crash at Rampage
  • rondo101
    Free Member

Oooof!

http://www.redbull.com/en/bike/stories/1331578806721/four-by-three-gee-atherton

Fwd to 9:15 if you want the moneyshot, although the vid is quite interesting.

carlphillips
    Free Member

watched that earlier on…jeez he is nails..!!

lemonysam
    Free Member

****!

uselesshippy
    Free Member

I cant work how he walks away 😯

leffeboy

great video. how hard? and that hit “I remember being in the air and thinking… why is there a cliff in front of me”

SOAP
    Free Member

gnarrrrrrrrrr!

Karl33to
    Free Member

wow, I heard he had a crash, but I had no idea it was that big.

motozulu
    Free Member

Wow, just wow.

To think I get nervy over wet cobbles on follow the dog 😯

big_scot_nanny

arsebiscuits! Looks worse at normal speed, not slow mow, as you see how fierce the impact was.

Brave lad!

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Just remembered his crash over some huge snow doubles.
    He’s made if rubber, must be.

sambob
    Free Member

I found Zink’s crash even more ridiculous, but that’s still incredible.

robsoctane
    Free Member

Zink and Gee, how hard? Wow!!!

JonEdwards
    Free Member

this one is pretty 😯 😯 😯 too!

Konastoner
    Free Member

Saved by the bush! 😯

neilforrow

😯 infact, mega 😯

He is nails.

legend
    Free Member

uselesshippy – Member
    Just remembered his crash over some huge snow doubles.

Allow me:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypLuYbN2-ZQ[/video]

skip to 2mins in

Northwind

uselesshippy – Member

I cant work how he walks away

Good ground to crash on, apparently- there’s a sort of crust and below that it’s very soft dust (also causes a few crashes, that)

theotherjonv

that snow double – how did a pro rider get that so badly wrong? The landing must be about 20 metres long and landing anywhere on it would have been fine, he’s overshot by more than the jump itself. To me that means he’s going twice as fast as he needed to?

Northwind

I’m not a pro rider, nor do I play one on TV, but it’d be very easy to misjudge your speed riding down the piste like that- wide, fairly flat, few fixed points of reference, oh and shiny white with a shiny white mountain behind it for contrast (well, and a cheesy ski resort)

theotherjonv

agreed – I reckon a target halfway down would be ideal as then you can be a bit further or less far and still be OK. So 20m gap and another 10m makes a 30m carry. But he still overshot by half that?

And i follow what you say about judging the speed, but for that reason wouldn’t you go out of your way to work out where to run from or have a speedo on the bike to refer to.

Not having a go at all – balls far bigger than I’ll ever have; I’m genuinely surprised he missed by that far.

Lifer
    Free Member

How often do you see jumps that big? Plus it was quite a few years ago now! Old old style supreme so 2006/7?

aracer
    Free Member

The landing must be about 20 metres long and landing anywhere on it would have been fine, he’s overshot by more than the jump itself.

Yeah, but you’ll notice his trajectory relative to the landing ramp – he stays the same height off it all the way down. That suggests to me there was actually a lot less margin for error than you’re suggesting – ie he wouldn’t have had to be going that much slower to have hit the front face of the landing, and a small difference in speed would have made a large difference in where he landed.

nukeproofriding
    Free Member

I never normally do but this crash made me wince. Seriously difficult to watch and I’m surprised he didn’t suffer any broken bones. Personally even if I had the balls to hit that (which I don’t ) I’d be wearing a neck brace – but he clearly has his reasons for choosing what safety gear to wear and what not to wear.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Gee's crash at Rampage’ is closed to new replies.