Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Geax tyres?
  • loddrik
    Free Member

What are they like? Never used one but on one have some pretty good deals at the minute.

deviant
    Free Member

I used a Datura mud spike over winter from On-One, it was cheap and did the job.
    Took it off a few weeks ago, nice soft rubber compound but very little wear, it’ll easily do another winter.

Russell96

The Saguaro TNT 29 2.2 tyres are dammed good, I have been amazed at the amount of grip even in mud that such a shallow fast tread gives.

Bregante

I’ve got a Geax Gato on the back of my singlespeed. Nice tyre but not great on the front in the mud.

willej

They’re very good. I’ve used Barro Mountains, Saguaros, AKAs and I’ve just fitted a pair of Gomas, but not ridden them yet. They’re ridiculous value from On One too.

eulach

+1 for the Datura

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Used Goma’s all last summer, Good tyres

bigjim

I had a Goma on for a month or two, it was renamed the Coma, fantastic in the dry, absolutely lethal on wet rock, so a dry summer tyre only for me. Should probably sell it as going 29

bm0p700f
    Free Member

The barro mojntains are good fast xc tyres. I have a set of 1st gen gaot muds and they dont clog up but grip is not great either. I will be trykng the new gato 29er tyre out soon. The saguro tyres i have as tubs and on dry and damp trails they are supberb. In sloppy mud well i have no control.

Geax is vittoria now. The tnt tyres are not light though.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Both the Aka and the Saguaro are excellent XC tyres.

Were the MTB brand of Vittoria until this year. Now branded as Vittoria so great deals can be had on the remaining Geax stock.

cp

I’ve got a Geax Gato on the back of my singlespeed.

I’ve got gato’s front and rear on my 29er singlespeed and they’re great. I actually really rate them in the mud.

nick1962
    Free Member

The AKAs are great on the back,not tried them on the front but will do when the sun comes out.Used the Daturas on the back in winter but wouldn’t use them on the front,spikes too big for anything but mud and not grippy on anything other than mud.Gomas are fine back and front but better on a wider front rim to square them out a bit.Only ridden them in the wet and on wet rock most of the time and never had a problem but I did get them for summer use,just not been dry for me yet.Did almost lose the front when leaning over cornering in mud though.Also got a Gato on the back of my big bike,seems fine so far.The Loboloco is probably too big for a lot of trail riding and gets very clogged in anything muddy.All are good weights and seem resilient too. Tyre pressure is the secret to getting the best out of all of them

Candodavid
    Free Member

I rate Geax tyres, pressure level has to be pretty accurate to get the best from them, remember the TNT version is a tight as a gnats chuff to get onto a Stans rim, if you can get on at all

slowoldgit
    Free Member

I seem to remember the company was set up by Vitoria. They’re a success so are being re-branded, hence the remaindered cheap offers. I like them and have stocked up. YMMV.

Kryton57

What do Saguaro’s compare to in the schwalbe range?

wiggles
    Free Member

I bought a load of the “tattoo” 2.3 slick ones, some in 24″ for my jump bike and 26″ for my commuter. Cost me less than £20 for all four and the ones on the commuter are great, super fast rolling and not run out of grip even in the wet and way more comfy on a rigid than my previous 1.95″‘s…

Probably not what most people will buy though

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Geax tyres?’ is closed to new replies.