Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Geax TNT tyres help
  • steveoath
    Free Member

IS the “TNT” line of geax tyre ust compatitble? On one seem to have a few in stock so I was thinking of grabbing them!

GregMay
    Free Member

Ive used them on UST rims – Saguaros – with no issues. Your results may differ.

stevieallison
    Free Member

yes, it means ‘Tubes, No Tubes’. I bought some gato’s from On-One this week. They looks mart, not ridden them yet. Had a real faff setting them up tubeless. Had to put a tube in over night to shape the tyre, then pull it one side. Managed to get one to seat on the rim absolutely fine, the second was a real bitch and had to use CO2 to get it on – Will inflate with normal pump once its been on the rim for a few hours as I undertsand that Co2 isnt great for the sealant.

But yes, you can run them tubeless

oldtalent
    Free Member

My goma TNT’s go fine onto a Stan’s rim, are they UST? I donk know. They didn’t stay on for long as they are by far the worst tyres I hve ever used.

amedias
    Free Member

yes/no

They use a UST compatible bead, ie: correct UST square profile, but they have no butyl inner liner so are not air tight in ‘naked’ form.

They will work properly with UST rims, but you still need sealant, which is why they can’t be marketed as UST and don’t carry the logo as they’re not certified.

(although I think Geax/Vittoria do do a full UST casing as well though but that will be consequently heavier)

kerley
    Free Member

Mine were airtight. Only added sealant for punctures, didn’t need it to stop air leaking from new.

The only negative for me was they are a very tight fit and take a lot of pressure to pop the bead on rim

steveoath
    Free Member

Thanks for the input. Might just nab the schwalbes i’m watching on ebay!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Geax TNT tyres help’ is closed to new replies.