Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • GCSE revision aids, websites and books. Any recommendations?
  • rockhopper70

Eldest daughter is sitting these in the summer and while the school have pointed us towards some revision aids, I wondered if anyone has any suggestions what worked particularly well for them.

Thanks

ampthill

Based on being a parent an teacher

BBC Bitesize

CGP for books

But for books borrowing different sorts from the library until she find one she likes is a simple plan. Then buy that one

But its more about attitude, pushing yourself to know it and understanding the requirements of the exams, is more important than resources. But you already knew that

anagallis_arvensis

Cgp are good

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

CGP – done

Both mini THMs were weak in science but they learned the CGP book’s cover to cover and blitzed it. Maths is also good.

Geog depends on which board, ditto languages.

withersea
    Free Member

If there are any core subjects you are worried about a good tutor for a few hours 1-2-1 can be worthwhile. They provide advice on how to answer the question as well as the content.

stayhigh

Having been away from education for some 20 odd years, I have just finished the first exam for my nursing degree.

I found that YouTube was really beneficial, having a really broad spectrum of subjects available that you can make subject specific playlists of.

I would flick between these and my textbooks and found that having the somebody explaining things out loud in conjunction to reading to work very well for me.

In particular the Khan Academy and Crash Course videos are very good, even if the presenter of the later is a little hyperactive, and offer a wide selection of topics

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘GCSE revision aids, websites and books. Any recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.