Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Gazza's sentance – what a joke!
  • Hadge
    Free Member

Sorry if it’s been done earlier but what a pathetic justice system we have when someone does what he does and get’s an 8 week prison sentance, suspended for a year! I’m sure there are quite a few other “normal” people in the UK who have done a lot less and been sent down. The knock effect for them would obviously be bad not only for them but their families and dependants. But because it’s Gazza then we have had this pitiful display of justice. I’m sorry but I feel it’s totally wrong and yes I’m sure there are those that will say what good will it have done him putting him away but I’m sorry, that’s what you get for commiting crime! Beggars belief.
    I do feel for the guy but it’s in his make-up to be a baffoon – he’s a joker who feels he doesn’t need to tow the line in life and he’s paying big time for it. But there are now and have been thousands others who have suffered in life like him but haven’t been blessed with his wealth and chance in life and now justice looks him over. Unreal.

molgrips
    Free Member

I’m sure there’s a reader comments section on the Daily Mail website for people like you.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Bad spelling is a crime too. 😛

sentence
    committing
    toe-the-line

gixer.john
    Free Member

Hadge, i agree. “Celebrity” let off again.
    George Michael
    Pete Doherty
    Brian Harvey and others get away with driving under the influence of drugs. FFS that smack head Doherty got done quite a few times and was left to waltz around the streets off his boggled eyed tree.

if i was caught driving while under the influence of smack, i would quite rightly expect to be banged up for at least a few weeks.

System stinks – but fame and money seem to buy you a few “get out of jail free cards”

gonefishin
    Free Member

Erm according to the BBC site he was caught driving while drunk and got a three year driving ban as well as a suspended jail sentence. When my Uncle got done for the same offence he received an 18 month driving ban with no jail sentence.

IanMunro
    Free Member

if i was caught driving while under the influence of smack, i would quite rightly expect to be banged up for at least a few weeks.

System stinks – but fame and money seem to buy you a few “get out of jail free cards”

Not really.
    An ex work colleague was done for drinking driving 4+ times over the limit, found asleep in his crashed car in the morning.
    He got pretty much the same sentence as Gazza, except that there wasn’t even a custodial part to suspend.

I think you’ll find if other people aren’t involved then a custodial sentence for drink driving is unusual, and that fame has nothing to do with it apart from highlight how little we tend to know about typical sentencing policies.

The whole British justice system is a joke. I don’t find it raoulmoatly funny.

Hadge
    Free Member

Hang my head in shame – very poor spelling but oh well. I’m suffering stress from Shitty Link not dropping my parcel off that they said they would endless times on the phone after numerous 30 minute phone calls and many apologies to then find out it’s still in the depot and I’m still not getting it dropped off 😥

hora
    Free Member

Sadly he’s killing himself. Never cared for football but alcoholism is evil

molgrips
    Free Member

Hehehe..

Case #1: non-famous person gets caught doing something bad and gets a lenient sentence – result, no-one knows or gives a stuff.

Case #2: famous person gets caught, same treatment, newspapers are full of howling indignation and accusations of going soft on the famous.

You bloody idiots!

Hadge
    Free Member

I can’t rant about them all molgrips haha. Send them all down!

molgrips
    Free Member

Justice is a complex issue. Not that’d you’d realise it by the way some people rave about it.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Hadge, Gascoigne has received a prison sentence which, unless he behaves for the next 12 months, he will definitely have to do.

So what’s your problem then ?

Is it that you are convinced he will behave himself……….is that it ?

Well I supposed you could be right, after all, the Judge said that Gascoigne was responding well to treatment at the Providence Project clinic.

But will you really be that gutted if he behaves himself ?

Mikkel
    Free Member

He is still to appear in court for another case of drink driving though.
    Does that mean if found guilty he will be send to jail on the suspended sentence he just got?

Hohum
    Free Member

I reckon he was very lucky, but he is in rehab at the moment receiving treatment at the moment which is a positive. The hard work for him will start when comes out of rehab and has to try and stay off the wagon!

I wonder what method of treatment the Provident Project is using.

matthewjb
    Free Member

Personally I’d prefer prison was kept for the violent offenders.

Sending alcoholics and drug addicts to prison does nothing to help them. (Well it helps them get easier access to drugs). All it does is make judgmental Daily Mail readers feel better.

Hohum
    Free Member

D’oh!

I should have “stay on the wagon” 😳

aracer
    Free Member

He is still to appear in court for another case of drink driving though.
    Does that mean if found guilty he will be send to jail on the suspended sentence he just got?

Interesting question. I’d presume not, as there’s got to be something about the offence being committed before the previous sentence which will avoid it, but IANAL. For all the reasons others have given, I’m really not sure what good sending him to prison would do right now.

neninja
    Free Member

He’s a sad man with probable mental health issues plus most likely alcoholism etc aswell.

I feel sorry for him as he needs proper help but sadly attracts spongers and users and he’s totally incapable dealing with it.

hora
    Free Member

I doubt the Judge let him off ‘as its Gascoigne’.

He really does need help. Sadly hes way past help. Even if he did stop now I think he’d still die sooner rather than later.

Really sad. I read a piece written in the Sudden Telegraph by a Journalist who found himself in a high dependency liver ward and the stories of each were featured.

Bloody awful reading.

nickf
    Free Member

Gascoigne is due to appear in court very soon on a charge of being four times over the limit. If the facts are as stated by the prosecution, he’ll be found guilty, and the current suspended sentence will come into play. He will also be likely to recece a custodial sentence for the other offence. Overall, I think he’ll be sentenced to around 3 months, of which he’ll serve probably half. If his dirivng ban isn’t increased to 10 years I’d be very surprised.

And, sadly, I think he’ll be dead by the time he’s 50.

mikey3
    Free Member

Read his book tackling my demons ,written half by him half by his shrink.Always thought the guy was just an idiot but after reading that seems he,s a very troubled human being,felt sorry for him tbh.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

sadly, I think he’ll be dead by the time he’s 50.

That presumably, will have the baying tabloid ranters up in arms.

I mean what sort of man escapes his responsibilities by dying……..he should be in prison serving his sentence. It’s an outrage.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Gazza is a comedy genius, he should be given a primetime spot on tv, not sure how exactly you should work it but, maybe get a camera to follow him about while plying him with an unlimited amount of drink and drugs, the carnage would be worth a watch anyhow!:D

deepreddave
    Free Member

Not for this particular case, but the issue often overlooked with the ‘what good would prison do in this case’ question is that prison keeps the offender off the street and for that time guarantees they won’t reoffend. Sometimes you have to protect the public although it’s a question of risk assessment. In this case it does seem he’s prone to reoffending but maybe not a third time eh?

Scamper
    Free Member

Someone close to me crashed their car drunk. I don’t expect him to not get off without a ban but hoping as its his first offence, he is currently taking medication for deep depression and before the crash had taken an overdose, i’m hoping the court will be lenient with the length of ban and fine.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

maybe get a camera to follow him about while plying him with an unlimited amount of drink and drugs, the carnage would be worth a watch anyhow!

Like George Best on Wogan or Oliver Reed on Parkinson? Hilarious watching someeone totally destroy themselves in front of millions.

deepreddave
    Free Member

As with all things, there’s always two sides, extenuating circumstances etc. In my eyes if you drive a car when very drunk you should never drive one again. It’s a weapon in the hands of a drunk and innocent people get killed.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

He could have received up to 12 weeks, but because he’d booked himself into rehab that was taken into account, hence the prolonged ban & 8 week suspended sentence.

molgrips
    Free Member

And no-one liked my knee-jerk reaction graphic? 🙁

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

He’s just up the road from me at an alcohol treatment clinic.

My friend is his probation officer, true story.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Gazza's sentance – what a joke!’ is closed to new replies.