Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Gazebo tent thing for garden – what features to look for or avoid when buying?
  • Midnighthour
    Free Member

Gazebo for garden – what features to look for or avoid when buying? Also, are any of them waterproof in heavy showers? Forgot on first post to say it will be one of those fabric things, not a nice wooden one.

Thanks folks.

Northwind

You want a popup one imo, they’re bulkier but putting up an oldschool tentpoles one is just a pain in the arse, you’ll never bother.

Mine is a cheapy ebay 3×3, waterproof allegedly (actually just very water resistant), heavy as hell but pretty sturdy and goes up and down quickly. (the canvas has to come off to put it away so it’s still a bit of faff). What swayed me to my one was just spares availability.

Proper easy-ups are much better but also several times more expensive.

Clobber
    Free Member

Event Shelter FTW!

Midnighthour
    Free Member

Northwind, might I ask the make of yours? Ta.

BoardinBob

A mate has this and its very nice

http://rockawnings.co.uk/explorerawning.html

Bimbler
    Free Member

Event Shelter, if you’ve the space.

DaveRambo

I have an event shelter, well I have 2 after we found out that the cheaper shower proof ones are shower proof and not water proof.

Use them at Mayhem as communal places to gather but they are brilliant in the garden. Once you’ve put them up a couple of times it doesn’t take long and they make the garden feel like an extra room.

I have the sides as well so as it get a bit colder we put them on and all end up sitting outside until late. The deluxe one is a lot better than the standard IMO and worth the extra.

project
    Free Member

http://www.gazeboshop.co.uk or a similar sounding name do good ones, also Halfords and B and Q and argos stock them, pop up with steel or aluminium legs.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Gazebo tent thing for garden – what features to look for or avoid when buying?’ is closed to new replies.