Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Gas and Electric Bills
  • RayMazey
    Free Member

Not being nosey, just to get an idea to compare with mine.

Say 3 bed semi – How much ?

IanW
    Free Member

120 pm

scaled
    Free Member

Electric is ~£26
    Gas is ~£260 for the quarter.

Large 3 bed end of terrace and not dual fuel (yet)

I’m pretty tight with the gas and pretty loose with the electric 😀

mark90
    Free Member

Our 3 bed semi was around £70 pm combined, and that was with a 15+ yr old back boiler and working from home 5 days a week. Not sure what new house is averaging out at yet as only been here a few months, but looking to be a bit higher.

MoreCashThanDash

4 bed detached here. After the mild winter just had a huge refund and down to £100 a month.

trail_rat
    Free Member

30 month for electrics

40 month for oil – this year usually more like 25 but my supplier ran out of wood at the end of summer last year ….so i ran short and had to use oil.

15 month for wood ( averaged over the year but really only burn in winter) – just got my stocks in for next winter not leaving it till end of summer this year !

3 bed end of row semi detached on top of a hill.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

3 bed terraced About £100 for gas and £60 for electricity a month.

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

3 bed end of terrace Victorian house about 140 a month for gas and electric

njee20
    Free Member

3-bed mid-terrace, £100/month, although I’m waiting for the robbing criminal bastards at NPower to send our bill so they can tell me it now needs to be £2.4m a month 🙄

RayMazey
    Free Member

Thanks all.

Looks like I will need to start wearing an extra jumper 🙂

johndoh
    Free Member

4 bed detached.

No idea because no matter how many times I put my usage into the App, Npower, the useless shower, don’t update my account so at the moment they claim I am £700 in credit but I doubt that is *actually* the case….

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

200yr old 3 bed semi with some crappy insulation, average out around £75 electric, and over winter, about £80/month in solid fuel of varying flavours

need to move electric supplier TBH

Npower, the useless shower, don’t update my account so at the moment they claim I am £700 in credit but I doubt that is *actually* the case….

probably set you up with ‘once a year’ billing, if its anything like us. OTOH if you know how many kwhs you used, its easy enough to work out.

grtdkad

Four-bed detached here, £196 per month for leccy and gas*

* largely as a result of my eldest son having 30/40 minute shower every day (yup the water costs a fortune too).

** rant over

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Looks like I will need to start wearing an extra jumper

Do you own it? if so insulate it.

TPTcruiser

Four bed mid-terrace. nPower just moved DD down from £150 to £100 per month (£26 electricity, £74 gas).
    Last bill read like I owed them a pot of cash only for it to be reversed by page 5 of the 7 pages of bill, plus apologetic covering letter.

dux
    Free Member

Just doing some comparisons my self. 104 year old 3 bed mid terrace, £69 month dual fuel. Current deal has come to an end and i’m getting a refund of £220… Cheers Scottish power.

About a year ago i had a lot of work done on the house, new boiler and loads of insulation included. Its a remarkable difference, it really is. Before with my old un-economical boiler, payments went to £137 a month (jan 2013)

I also give monthly meter readings so its always accurate

johndoh
    Free Member

Well this thread had me investigate further – (4 bed detached, young family). Been there 6 months so currently finding our feet but the average for the year (dual fuel) is being estimated at £188. 😯

It’s the bloody tumble dryer I bet.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

It’s the bloody tumble dryer I bet.

Either that or (like me) your the other half is permanently freezing and “needs” the heating set at a tropical 25degrees.

On the tumble dryer front, I prefer paying a bit to run the dryer, vs mould from clothes being dried.

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

My gas usage has rocketed since having a Worcester Bosch combi fitted after everyone told me my 20 year old boiler was inefficient. Going to have to contact WB and ask them what is going on especially given that this winter has been much warmer than last.

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

My gas usage has rocketed since having a Worcester Bosch combi fitted after everyone told me my 20 year old boiler was inefficient

My gas usage has plummeted since having a Worcester Bosch combi fitted after getting rid of the Ideal Response POS

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

I really must speak to WB, there must be something not right somewhere.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Db – mrs db knows its more efficient and is using it more 🙂

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

No, but I reckon baths are a bit fuller now we don’t have a storage tank.

Wouldn’t have thought that would have offset the difference between this winter and last though; about this time last year we had 12 foot snowdrifts up the front of the house.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Snow insulates right 🙂

We use more oil since we removed our firebird/tank combo …..

But then it was condemned and unusable. 8 months of no heating or hotwater wasnt fun 🙂

seosamh77
    Free Member

2 bedroom flat for me is £112 per month for gas and leccy. I’m fairly liberal in my energy usage. I’ve just switched though, so that should come down a bit shortly.

twinw4ll
    Free Member

1950s detached bungalow about 2000sq ft £100 a month, have got 3 woodburners though.

Edukator
    Free Member

300e a year electricity.
    No gas
    160e wood a year if I had to buy it.

samuri
    Free Member

4 bed semi
    Gas is £50 a month
    Electric is £9 a month.

Wood burner in the living room and solar panels.

johndoh
    Free Member

Either that or (like me) your the other half is permanently freezing and “needs” the heating set at a tropical 25degrees.

Nope, highest winter setting is 22deg (early evening) and 19deg in the morning.

She has overridden it occasionally, but that is normally when we have thin-blooded guests.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

4 bed detached house. £100/month for gas and electricity (although current deal expires today so will be a little more). Work from home too, so in winter there is – at the very least – the office under-floor heating on.

Wharfedale
    Free Member

5 Bed Detached well insulated, recent new Windows & doors etc. Energy efficient weather compensating boiler. Plus a tight wad who keeps turning the heating down.

2 people working from home

Gas £49 PM
    Elec £45 PM
    Logs/Coal averages out at roughly £15 PM

superfli
    Free Member

this month:
    £29 Gas
    £58 Elec

Elec oven and hob.
    Gas central heating.

Obviously more gas in Winter (£50 last month).

wrightyson
    Free Member

* largely as a result of my eldest son having 30/40 minute shower every day (yup the water costs a fortune too).

Yeah because I’m sure he’s spending all that time in the shower 😆

zippykona

3 bed semi and Ovo quoted us £904 a year combined.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

£50 a month for both gas and electric. 2 bedroom tenement flat.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Gas and Electric Bills’ is closed to new replies.