Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Garmisch Partenkirken. Anyone Been………
  • sparkerfix

…..biking around that area. Thinking of a few days that way on later this year. Any recommendations for biking,doing, staying etc would be great. Thanks

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Snowboarded there a bit. And one day attempting to mountain bike around Eckbauer which was not all that successful. Will make another attempt nearer Eibsee when work send me to Bavaria later this year, hopefully.

Alpin, on here, is your best bet; He’s Munich-based. He told me about a nice little outing at Kochelsee, a bit further north, which I rode last summer.

professor_fate
    Free Member

Had a week there last summer, staying in a budget B+B. Rented a new model Trek Remedy carbon for 40euro/day, bought a couple of decent maps and just went exploring… there’s a lot of fireroads but no real hassle from walkers on the footpaths (but then i’m quite courteous 😉 ) except the heavily-used ones. I plan on going back to the area this summer to do more hut-to-hut stuff in the Wetterstein/Karwendel. It’s a very pretty place and not pricey.

liquid1000
    Free Member

I and a mate got the train a few years ago now from Munich then up into the hills in Garmisch hiking for 3 nights wild camping. We had a awesome time was very warm and we had a bonkers thunderstorm each afternoon as well! It’s a beautiful place with amazing mountains and warm lakes to swim in. We only saw a few bikes on the trails as it was before mtn biking really took off but there would have been some great trails.

sparkerfix

Pricing certainly seems a bit more reasonable that way on. We’re finishing a bike tour of the Eiger and was thinking of staying around Interlaken but we reckon it will be well busy and hellishly expensive!! I’ll have the car so it could be a nice few hours drive. Garmisch not set in stone, open to suggestion.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Garmisch Partenkirken. Anyone Been………’ is closed to new replies.