Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • garmin heart rate strap
  • Lucas
    Free Member

My old garmin heart rate strap/sensor has broken, I’ve had it 7 years so not too bad. Looking at the newer premium ones there are some reviews suggesting that it might not work all the time. What do people recommend for use with an edge 800 am I limited to garmin?

captain-slow
    Free Member

I use the polar one from wiggle think it was fifteen quid – clip your garmin sender unit onto the new elasticated strap and off you go

howarthp

Use a Polar Strap – the Garmin sensor clips in fine.

Lucas
    Free Member

Should have been clearer my sensor (old one that came with edge 305) has broke so I need a new senor and strap

ratherbeintobago

Any ANT+ strap should be fine. I’ve just replaced my old one with the Premium one; as above when the strap looks a bit sad I’m going to replace it with a Polar one.

Jase
    Free Member

Had no end of problems with the premium one, so got the polar strap and clipped the garmin sensor in as above which was better.

That recently died so I’ve gone back to the older Garmin one which is much better.

uponthedowns
    Free Member

I’ve owned the older hard Garmin plastic strap, the old premium strap, the Polar strap and now have the new Garmin premium strap. The old plastic strap never gave me any problems and only recently stopped working after several years of hard use. The old premium strap was useless continually giving HR spikes and unrealistically high readings and clipping the sensor onto the polar strap wasn’t much better. However the new Garmin premium strap looks to have been completely redesigned and works very well

Dibbs
    Free Member

I bought one the old type Garmin straps a couple of weeks ago it was £26.99, I see it’s gone up to £29.99 now, still not bad if it lasts as long as the old one.

Ebay-Garmin HRM

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘garmin heart rate strap’ is closed to new replies.