Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Garmin Forerunner 305 – Bar Mount.
  • chameleon78
    Free Member

Anyone brought one of these? looking at 2 options, a rubber clamp and zip ties or a replacement velcro strap and bar fitting.
    Are they any good or should I just leave on my wrist? Do they fit oversize bars ie 31.8

cp

I use a bit of foam pipe lagging, which works a treat – just strap the rubber watch strap round it.

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

Similarly, anyone know somewhere that sells the Edge 705 mounts for cheaps? They’re a tiny piece of moulded plastic with holes for zip-ties, yet I’ve not seen one for less than £30. I need two, but not at that price!

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

I use the

replacement velcro strap and bar fitting.

Means I got the bike mount on 1 bike and the ‘wrist’ mount on the other (over some old light mount I had lying around) and it takes seconds to swap the unit over. The bar mount works with oversize bars. I’ve never had a problem with in in around 3 years.

£15 is crazy crazy money for it tho!

#Edit: This one: http://www.wiggle.co.uk/garmin-wrist-and-bike-mount-forerunner-305/

chameleon78
    Free Member

[/url]

Is this the mount you’re after paul?

Dr_Bakes

I’ve got the rubber clamp 305 mount. You don’t need to use the cable ties on 31.8mm bars as it tightens up with the unit’s strap anyway. It might be a little loose with ties on 25.4mm bars unless you’re careful but I haven’t had any problems with either.

It’s a bit cheaper than the velcro one but I must admit a bit of pipe lagging would probably do the job just as well!

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

Yeah, nice one! Cheers

epicsteve
    Free Member

I’ve got tyhe velcro/bar-mount for mine and it’s fine. It uses cable ties round the bars so it’s no problem fitting it to any size of bars.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Garmin Forerunner 305 – Bar Mount.’ is closed to new replies.