Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Garmin Fenix 3 users….help!
  • rosscopeco
    Free Member

Tried posting on the Garmin forum but for some reason my browser or work interest access won’t let me…

I’ve been using the Garmin Fenix 3 for over a year and have noticed that when I’m recording an activity the watch background sometimes changes colour from black to white for no apparent reason.

It doesn’t seem to relate to whether I’m moving or stationary, Heart rate changes (despite what the photo might suggest), mileage, time of day, activity time, activity pause or activity go….or anything else I can think of. It can change from black to white and back to black all in the space of 60secs…

Any suggestions?

[url=https://flic.kr/p/VTd12u]Fenix 3[/url] by Rosscopeco, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/WpTs9C]Fenix 3[/url] by Rosscopeco, on Flickr

julians
    Free Member

Hmm, mine definitely doesnt do this, and I havent seen any settings in the menus that might lead to this behaviour, so cant really help you.

Do you have the latest firmware installed? it could just be a bug?

imnotverygood

Looks like a bug to me. Have you tried changing it to white to see if it reverts to black?

baldiebenty
    Free Member

never noticed mine doing this, as far as I know I’m on the latest official firmware

rosscopeco
    Free Member

I ‘think’ I may have found the answer….

My ‘auto climb’ was turned on…and within that setting the ‘invert colours’ was on…my understanding is that when the watch detects I’m climbing it toggles to a different data screen…however given that I’ve turned all my other data screens to off…all it does is invert the screen colour.

Will test the theory out in tomorrow’s ride.

piesoup
    Free Member

Yup, definitely the Auto Climb feature.
    Correct about the single data screen too!

rosscopeco
    Free Member

To confirm….this is now sorted. It was indeed the Auto Climb toggle feature that was toggling the screen colour.

Happy days

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Garmin Fenix 3 users….help!’ is closed to new replies.