Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Garmin Express / Comnect not working?
  • FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Just tried to load my Garmin 500 into Express to get it in to Strava. Express appears to be working, and I managed to see the activity once on Connect, but now connect won’t load and no activity is loading in to Strava…

Anyone else having problems?

Edit: just managed to export a tcx file and load it manually to Strava, but no elevation data is there. Should I try a gpx ?

wallop

I had this problem yesterday.

I switched my laptop off and back on again and it was fine.

MaryHinge
    Free Member

Just tried to upload tonight’s ride. No joy.

It’ll be reet in the morning.

Haze

Same here, sit tight it’ll be back up and running soon.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Yep. Down for me as well.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Just managed to get it in to Strava.

And got my first ever KOM 8)

wildheart
    Free Member

Seems to be back up now.

Haze

Connect is working, but not syncing with Strava or Training Peaks…

tenfoot

Same for me. Connect is working but not talking to Strava.

DickBarton

Mine has lost the ‘Plugin’ option on Strava – when I go to upload it only allows me to upload direct to Garmin’s site and it then syncs automatically to Strava…eh, no thanks. I’ll just browse manually to the file on the Garmin and upload it from that…bit more mouse clicks but means I’m not needing to send files to multiple sites and keep track of them all.

Kryton57

DickBarton – Member
    Mine has lost the ‘Plugin’ option on Strava – when I go to upload it only allows me to upload direct to Garmin’s site and it then syncs automatically to Strava…eh, no thanks. I’ll just browse manually to the file on the Garmin and upload it from that…bit more mouse clicks but means I’m not needing to send files to multiple sites and keep track of them all.

Mine’s been like that for 2 weeks, no idea how to get it to auto upload again.

Tonight I’ve just spent an hour trying to get my laptop(s) to “see” the garmin via the USB to transfer the workout file manually which it couldn’t – the Garmin just turn on to “normal” mode as if I were going for a ride.

colournoise

Was borked totally on Windows for me an hour ago, switched to Linux and site was working and had apparently uploaded the rides but not linked to Strava automatically.

Looks like the Connect software was working but the site is not 100% operational right now.

Dibbs
    Free Member

I experience a slow upload from Garmin Connect to Strava last night, it got there in the end though.
    I also had problems logging on to the Garmin Forum site earlier in the evening.
    Just normal stuff for Garmin. 🙄

stumpy01

Hmmm, I wonder if this is why I couldn’t get gpsies.com to upload a route to my Edge500 the other day. It kept saying that the plug-in was not installed – even though it always has been. So, I re-installed it bit kept getting the same message.

There was a German blog article from the creator of gpsies.com saying something about Garmin stopping support for their older devices, but I gave up on reading it as the translation didn’t make much sense (Google Translate).

gpsies.com is the only website that manages to upload courses to my Edge500 where they actually have a small chance of displaying correctly – I think this is due to the fact you can choose to ‘evenly space points’.

I can see me having to ‘upgrade’ my Garmin soon if I want to keep following routes on a GPS….

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Garmin Express / Comnect not working?’ is closed to new replies.