Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Garmin Edge Touring
  • rancid
    Free Member

Just seen this on OS site – https://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/shop/gps-devices/cycling/gps-device-garmin-edge-touring.html

looks a pretty good deal with full OS map for UK at £279 with the unit.

Anyone who has one able to give a rough idea of battery life or any potential reasons not to buy? As I rekon I will get one for off road stuff at that price
    Cheers

oxym0r0n

I have one with the Garmin mapping. Only bought it recently from Wiggle but battery lasted with plenty to spare on 7.5 hours of Gravel Dash the other day…

Simple to use if not as sensitive and quick as a touch screen smart phone. Also, easy to load strava routes onto for riding again/borrowing off people.

Basil
    rancid
    Free Member

Basil, the touring plus at £209 hasn’t got OS landranger map for UK – worth £199 on its own – so in effect, I would be getting the unit for £79 (and I think the plus model just means ANT+ etc – which I don’t worry about)

johnnystorm

Garmin OS Maps £20 from ioffer.com

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Garmin OS Maps £20 from ioffer.com

There’s no way this is a legitimate site. You’re paying 20 quid for someone else to illegally download them using a torrent site.

johnnystorm

And then send them to you in a sealed garmin tamper proof packet and with no risk from viruses or Trojans. Seems a fair deal to me.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Garmin Edge Touring’ is closed to new replies.