Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Garmin edge problem…
  • MussEd
    Free Member

So I’m not long in after a long old day(for me) on the new bike. I was having a few issues following a course on my Edge 810 and seemed to have stopped recording my progress after about 15mins. I then seem to have restarted it recording as I turned for home. So I have two rides, one of 3km and another of 30km. But I’m missing the bit in the middle.

Any ideas how I can fill in the missing bit?

Ps just away to retrieve the kids from kinder egg HQ – I mean granny’s – so may not see any replies till tonight…

christhetall
    Free Member

Sounds to me like you inadvertently hit the stop/start button

Garmin Base camp is quite good for editing and stitching GPX tracks, so at least you can work out how far you rode (if you can remember the route). The problem is that it’s not very intuitive, but once you get the hang of it, its very useful.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Did you select a course then hit “ride” ? If so you still need to hit the start button.
    Did you just ride and follow your nose ? If so you still need to hit the start button.

Have you tried the garmin forum ? If not it’s very useful.

The 810 had a few issues early on when following courses, sometimes the “turn by turn” would disappear and you’d not get that, on the last software upgrade Garmin turned off TBT, you have to go into the device and turn it back on again.

HTH

mtbel
    Free Member

Sounds like your Garmin simply lost the will to live through extreme boredom. This is a fairly common occurrence for electronic devices used to logging interesting GPS co-ordinates with actual variance in speed and elevation.

Blog servers also often go to sleep when the pics from such outings are uploaded too.

Hope this helps

MussEd
    Free Member

Think I was guilty of everything you mention Bikebuoy! I’m not even new to it just a bit of a brain fart all morning…,didn’t know that about the TBT though very useful…Christhetall – basecamp sounds like the answer but as you say it’s always a bit of a footer to do anything, cheers though!

MussEd
    Free Member

For real mtbel? How come it never fails on my 8km to and from work?

mtbel
    Free Member

lol 😆

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Garmin edge problem…’ is closed to new replies.