Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Garmin edge and Exposure front light – possible?
  • gee
    Free Member

Hi

I’ve got one of the Edge 1000s coming and wondered if anyone has any experience of fitting one to a bike where you also have an Exposure Maxx D or similar fitted? Does the Garmin fit under the rear of the light as eyeing it up it appears tight?

I see Raceware make a mount with a little extended piece of ‘bar’ to fit a light to but it’s £35…

GB

njee20
    Free Member

Maxx D under the bars, Or if you’ve got a race number on just run the light further out toward the grip

I had that combo at 12:12 with no ill effects, packed the mount out slightly.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

I run that combo, well a exposure reflex and a edge1000

I’ve got a custom racewaredirect mount that sits over the stem and have reflex on the bars just to the right of it

No problems at all and the light is still almost central to the stem

gee
    Free Member

Which raceware mount did you get? Could you post up a link?

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Raceware stuff is very cheap on Amazon

njee20
    Free Member

I’ve got the SRAM Quickview MTB mount GB – that seems good, as you’ve seen. Doesn’t specifically help with lights though.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

As njee says get a sram out front one and run it backwards over the stem

The only reason I’ve got a raceware one which is essentially the same is due to my bar/stem being 35mm and no body does one yet, plus I’m on a 50mm stem so wanted it a bit shorter too

If you get a sram one and run it backwards you can leave your exposure where it is now or as close to the stem as I didn’t have to move mine at all, the edge 1000 is barely much wider than a 810/510 etc it’s the length more so but with you being a racer I can’t imagine your running a 50mm stem 😉 so it should fit perfect on a 90/100mm stem

Vortexracing

I run a Garmin 800 on a SRAM outfront mount and an Exposure Toro for commuting with no problems. Just mount one on one side of the bars and the other on the other side.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Hadn’t thought of running the light under the bar! Top tip there. Was a bit of a tight squeeze on the road bike.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

isn’t under the bars a bad place if you crash? would whack the top tube surely?

njee20
    Free Member

Can’t remember where mine hits, think it’s head tube rather than top tube.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Fine on the road bike, drops whack the top tube first.

RoterStern
    Free Member

Which side of the bar does the light mount or can it be either. As said the SRAM mtb mount hooks back over the stem from the left side of the bar (which can be a bit of a problem for Troutie lights) and Barfly do a version which attaches to the bar from the right side.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Garmin edge and Exposure front light – possible?’ is closed to new replies.