Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • garmin edge 800 screen protector?
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Can anybody point me in the direction of a screen protector for the edge 800? Onethat looks like its not even on and won’t peel away after 1 ride?

Thanksssssss

mooman
    Free Member

I put helicopter tape on mine. Use one of the better types from Biketart.

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Same as above,Always use 3m helicopter tape.Phones,sat nav etc

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Ah right had not thought of that is it not a little thick? What sixe would I need to order guys?

fbk
    Free Member

I’ve used cheap iPhone/iPod touch screen protectors cut down to size, mainly because I had some spare and they’re pretty hard wearing. Seem to do the job. Isn’t heli-tape a bit thick for the touch screen?

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

I’ve seen some peoper designed edge 800 ones on ebay, but shipping from Germany in 22 days, is there no where UK based does the same thing? Interesting the I phone type ones I guess they should work?

fbk
    Free Member

Yeah – I’ve seen the Edge specific ones. I guess if I was buying new, I’d probably go for those, although 22days sounds a bit excessive! If I remember rightly, someone on Amazon marketplace was selling some recently.

Edit – just checked and it looks to be the same company selling on Amazon. They quote 3-18 days delivery there – ratings seem good so I guess the range is just to cover themselves?

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Cheers fbk ill have a look at them then on amazon cheers fot the help guys

steved

I bought the Savvies one from Amazon £2.50 and seems to do the job, but perhaps not as “substantial” as the ones I bough far more cheaply for my phone. Has anyone tried the more expensive Vikuiti ones they sell?

doglover
    Free Member

Got a Zagg on mine, bit more expensive but good quality, cut mine to fit over the glass edge.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘garmin edge 800 screen protector?’ is closed to new replies.