Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Garmin Edge 800 Map Transfer
  • DavidB
    Free Member

My Edge bit the dust today. I’m going to try for a Garmin repair but not hopeful as I’ve had it yonks and it has taken a hammering. I bought it with the Discoverer 1:50k mapping on SD card. I have a horrible feeling this is locked to the device. Has anyone had any experience of buying a new unit and transferring the maps over?

Ta.

fbk
    Free Member

I’m pretty certain if your maps were supplied on the sd card then they are transferable between devices, assuming they stay on the card and you don’t try copying them to a different sd card.

excitable1
    Free Member

They’re not locked to the device. I’ve had a few repairs and warranty replacements and the instruction from Garmin is always take out the card and simply add it to the new device we send out.

Have a word with Garmin about the repair/fault. They’ve replaced one that when the software froze up an then a second they replaced for £75 when I cracked the screen.

Good customer service but can’t write software for toffee !

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Very good customer service IME. Replaced my 800 (no receipt) that was out of warranty without question. That sort of customer service will earn my loyalty and hard earned in the future.

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

Yup. If it’s out of warranty it’s £75 for a replacement

DavidB
    Free Member

Cheers out of warranty repair form filled in.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Garmin Edge 800 Map Transfer’ is closed to new replies.